Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2010, 07:36 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Cameras and the Box

I broke one of my cameras at a high school football game last night so I get to replace it with a modern camera from the HD era. During the course of a football game, I play with 6 different cameras and I send the feed back to my TV monitor which is where I do customizing work.

Also shown is the Box at the end. It is just shown for those who asked me about it. I am attaching the Action Simulation chart with this video too.

The video has a lot of shake to it but that was not why I did it. This was not meant to be a critiqued video, just to show some camera angles and the Box.

Reg

Attached Images
File Type: pdf NFL Greatest Teams Action Simulation Chart.pdf (237.6 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: doc NFL Greatest Teams Solitaire League Rulebook.doc (752.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Reginald Rutledge : 11-30-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Very Similar

I read your rules and took a look at how the box works and have determined that my league rules and box are very similar to yours. I have a few more charts and use larger sided dice but basically things are pretty similar. I don't use injuries but will incorporate them in my next tournament. Your league also has the randomness that I really like. I like it when anything can happen during a game. One thing I have in my league is wind conditions. The box is used and the dice are rolled prior to the start of the game. Results are no wind, mild breeze, and strong wind. A mild breeze adds or subtracts 3 yards from every kick depending on which way you are going and a strong wind is a 5 yard addition or subtraction. You could even break the conditions more if you like. Of course the dice are not rolled if the game is played in a dome stadium. This wind rule adds to the strategy of the game.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:46 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks for the look Reg!

Check out my Flames and Stampeders blogs at www.prosportsblogging.com
Old 11-30-2010, 02:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

really impressed

Benster
Old 11-30-2010, 02:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

the switch box is pretty cool. I wonder if we can do the same with a USB hub for webcams...

I have to experiment that
Old 11-30-2010, 02:46 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Dimitri, I know...

that using USTREAM, that is already built into the software to be able to go switch from USB port to USB port. That was one of the advantages I saw with using USTREAM because you can have several connections at once.

What I also found out was that when you use 4 or more cameras at once, it takes up too much bandwidth. When things are free, you use what you can. When you purchase premium access, the amount of bandwidth is sometimes unlimited and you can put many cameras on.

The most I have had using cameras on USTREAM was 4 at once. Sometimes, that will slow the picture quality up too but today, my best camera comes back from the shop and I may do something online just to show the difference in switching channels.

Reg