Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2010, 04:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Talking What have you done????

.....have you changed any NFL/NCAA rules in your solitaire/league play or if you could change any rules(pro,college,solitaire,league,etc.) what would you change????

......I for one would change where punts would have to be kept in bounds to bring back the punt return excitement....I hate it when a punter can "angle" the ball out of bounds.You get penalized if a kick off goes out of bounds...why not a penalty if the punt goes out of bounds.....and make it where a punt has to stay in the playing field or its a touchback and the ball is brought out to say the 40 yard line......kind of like a bad kick off.Make the punter more accountable to his team!I've only seen a few CFL games but I like their return game.I'm trying to do this in my universal football league.

......same thing for allowing the qb to throw the ball out of bounds once he's outside the tackles.Make the throws stay in bounds....more in play,ball has to go pass the line of scrimmage still but in field of play,changes stopping the clock a little....might create some more "free safety" play....

....don't like the ball crossing the plane for a touchdown.....earn it...physically getting in to the endzone....

......I like allowing 2 men in motion before the snap of the ball and as far as league play I've always played with the 2 point conversion and onside kicks can be done even if you are not behind or in the 4th quarter.I'll save the NCAA bowl games for another time......
Old 12-09-2010, 04:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I think extra points should be like trys in rugby. Wherever you down the ball in the end zone for the score, that's the angle from which you kick the extra point. Wanna throw a fade to the corner? Go for it. Good luck kicking the extra point. Would make teams consider going for 2 points more often.

Ed