Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2011, 12:33 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Let me help you guys start a broadcast of...

Solitaire football games.

I am not sure who would be interested in this but if some of you were watching me run plays today on the NFLGTSL Network, you saw very good picture quality and plays ran at a high frequency rate (when I was not answering phone calls).

We've got the opportunity to take the lead in the MF world by creating a schedule of games. What we do with this would definitely play a major impact in the game.

I could definitely do something like this alone but I would first like to see who would be willing to put their game (and it does not even have to be an entire game) on Internet TV/

We could get some nice programming going: It could start off something like this:

Saturday

9:00 - 11:00 EFCA RooMorgans League Game
11:00-01:00 Music City League Game
1:00-1:30 It's the French Guy!!
1:30-3:30 NFLGTSL Game of the Week
3:30 - 5:30 Canadian Football League
5:30 - 6:00 FF.Net Customizing Show
6:00 - 8:00 Dogwood Super Bowl Championship
Old 01-05-2011, 02:46 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Gee thanks Reg. Now I have all these ideas going through my head!

There is something to your idea.

Check out my Flames and Stampeders blogs at www.prosportsblogging.com
Old 01-05-2011, 01:24 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I think it's a great idea. Technically, I'm not sure how I would do this, and I'm not even a novice when it comes to putting stuff on air.

But I think getting everybody involved and making it a day of football for those interested is something that will benefit more than just the people involved, which is key.

Of course, my games take way longer than 2 hours, so folks would just get a peak at ECFA action in that window.

Ed
Old 01-05-2011, 02:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

hard schedule for now, some of you probably noticed that I did not posted new creative things these days, and just a few posts on the board...

But it's definitly something I'll develop in the future. But not in the next few weeks unfortunatly
Old 01-05-2011, 10:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up me too....

with my school at distance (want to get my degree in accounting this year), building my custom football field and ice hoceky surface for my custom game and taking care of my wife (LOL!!!), i maybe can do some shows (on tape). Anyway, i need to buy a new PC and some stuff to do some videos (of my games) so who knows???

Benster
Old 01-06-2011, 01:05 AM
MFCA MEMBER

i would not mind doing it if i can...
Old 01-06-2011, 08:48 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Let's start off with a few simple things

1. A Laptop would be the best type of computer to use because of the mobility.

2. A webcam with good or great resolution. Preferably a 1080p camera. Microsoft have them and can be found at Best Buy.

3. Once you got the webcam, load the software to it.

4. I have RCAM setup or ReggieCam. It's a robot I created to go up and down the field but a simple tripod would suffice. Preferably a small tripod that you can put up on your table where your gameboard is at.

5. Get a USTREAM account and create your own station. My station is called the NFLGTSL.

6. The brand of MFCA Solitaire Coaches Broadcast Network can be formed. I will speak with Wolf about a logo for this.

7. I think a guy like Ed Morgans would be great for programming director. Ed is a forward thinker and could definitely keep the ball moving on this. I could not do it because of the thousand of other things I am doing, not to say Ed is not!

8. Once the accounts are establish, we could easily help each other test by being guinea pigs and watching snippets of what each league is doing.

9. Some competition coaches do not like to acknowledge or give credit to this area of football but we've got an opportunity to lead the way in Internet TV. MFIT or miniature football internet television can be a mainstay of the hobby and has ways of recruiting other coaches to the lineup as well. Many marvelous things can happen because of this area.

10. Once we've got coaches locked in to do this, thus we create a bit of history in the game that competition leagues will be forced to follow.

11. So the first step is simple, go to Best Buy, Fry's, Radio Shack, etc., and get a good quality mobile webcam that has a USB plug. You may want to get an extended USB cable so that you are not tripping over it.

12. Mark sure you have a place to set your laptop.

13. And thus, you become a part of the Solitaire Broadcast Network. We can term this the SBN.

14. Lastly, guys have got to support the product for it to work, simply meaning, look around at the ones who pave the way and make it possible and you support them, through watching and investing in the product. Or things like this are never possible.

Reg
Old 01-06-2011, 03:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default reg

reg,

How about the

(ME)SBN
SPORTS CHANNEL

Last edited by mantaraydre : 01-06-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I'm all for the idea. And I'm glad to see Pirate Rick taking hold of it and getting going based on his thread.

I'm not sure when I would get it off the ground for the ECFA, though. Don't own a webcam, so would need to buy one. But the lone laptop I use is a work laptop, so I can't install any software (such as Webcam software, if necessary) to it.

I think technologically, I don't have the equipment here that matches the strength of the idea, which is too bad, because I think people would like watching games under the rules set that I came up with.

Ed