Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2010, 02:57 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default You Know what D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the french guy View Post
thank you Norbert for the close up pictures of your work. It's a good proof of your tweaking expertise confidence to let us see it. I started to learn tweaking watching your pictures.

I hope one day you'll make new "how to" Tweak articles or online articles about tweaking basics.
That I will do buddy, thats an excellent idea for the tweak mag., I will also do a article online combined with a youtube vid of steps I take in tweaking different bases for different positions,...........I wanted to do this for sometime now but I lost my passion due to things that have taken place in my life that I had know control over,........now things are looking up again for me as I can now smile and laugh,...........I find myself enjoying tweaking again very much.

Norbert Revels
Old 08-17-2010, 07:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Done, 14 more powerbases

Heres afew pics of how I put them together, dials 1st, then shells, then match them together.

P.S. I will let all the bases I tweaked the last 2 days to sit overnight.

P.S. 1 HUGE order to fill and I will be done and caught up.

Norbert Revels
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2010, 10:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Norbert, the pictures are worth a thousand words, thanks for sharing them. Your base tweaking has helped create a new standard in the hobby over the last several years and this thread is a great tribute to that. On the last pictures where the proline dials are shifted north within the shell do you just let the dial float and have friction hold it in place or do you glue it in? Or do you glue just the center peg so that the dial can turn slightly? Just curious because the thought of a proline dial shifted north with a little room to adjust sounds like it has spectacular potential.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:41 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hey Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Joe View Post
Norbert, the pictures are worth a thousand words, thanks for sharing them. Your base tweaking has helped create a new standard in the hobby over the last several years and this thread is a great tribute to that. On the last pictures where the proline dials are shifted north within the shell do you just let the dial float and have friction hold it in place or do you glue it in? Or do you glue just the center peg so that the dial can turn slightly? Just curious because the thought of a proline dial shifted north with a little room to adjust sounds like it has spectacular potential.
For holding the dial in place, I use tape to hold it in place, I preset some to turn left or right, On glueing the center peg down so the dial can be turned slightly is a beautiful idea,....... the upper sides of the dial have to be shaved in order for it to work properly, also, the outter prong may touch the side of the innershell IF you tweak them to wide, I have a couple pics here to show how it looks, it takes abit more time, but the rewards are worth it.

Norbert
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2010, 10:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default OOOOOOOOOOOH, BOY

Heres 40 OL and DL Bases, 40 Ironman Bases, and 35 Miggle double clip rookies tweaked for RB, WR, and Blitzers.

Norbert Revels
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2010, 03:57 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Hi Norbert,

I linked your topic in my beginner french article here :

http://miniaturefootball.org/2010/08...rial-tweaking/

Could you please add a little statement on each pic in future posts, to explain what the bases are good for (speed, strenght, mixed, etc...), so the beginners can refer to the picsfor their own learning ?

thanks
Old 09-01-2010, 01:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Just finished

51 of 250 Miggle TTC Grey speedbases, these are excellent for TB, OLB (Blitzer), FS, PR, KR, QB and stick WRs.

P.S. Bases are not for sale, the small explanation is purely for beginners knowledge.

Norbert Revels
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2010, 04:17 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
51 of 250 Miggle TTC Grey speedbases, these are excellent for TB, OLB (Blitzer), FS, PR, KR, QB and stick WRs.

P.S. Bases are not for sale, the small explanation is purely for beginners knowledge.

Perfect, thank you

I need to start the preseason tweaking too, by the way
Old 10-26-2010, 11:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks for sharing these pictures Norbert.

Just by looking through them I now grasp the general idea of tweaking. These photo's along with the new sticky in the rookie coaches thread will really help!

Check out my Flames and Stampeders blogs at www.prosportsblogging.com
Old 01-12-2011, 09:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Finished my last 6 regular orders

Roller, the rest of your 60 bases will all be done by this sunday,.........Tony, I will take care of you at Miggle,.........gabriel, the last of your 55 bases will be done by tuesday,..........and that will be it coaches, I will be taking some time for myself and my Pro Prospects League.

Heres whats done, 10 speed TTCs, 20 OL/DL TTCs none modified, 10 Ironmans, 18 speed double clips, 5 proline speed TTC rounds and 10 modified OL/DL TTCs.

Norbert Revels
Attached Images