Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 04:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Post Is It Wrong To Be "Die Hard" To Tudor Figures?

Is it really wrong to be "Die Hard" to collecting and playing old Tudor figures? Is this a new sickness or is it just plain passion to the old school Tudor figures? Despite the fact there is so many talented painters out there and beautiful figures to boot, I just can't wonder why I'm so passionate for the "Old School" Tudor teams. Is there something wrong with me? Let me know what you think......Thanks !
Old 01-21-2011, 04:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default You do you!!!!

My name is Reginald Rutledge and I own a company called Footballfigure.net. From my perspective, I think it's fabulous that you are a "Die Hard". To me, there is nothing wrong with your passion and love for Tudor figures.

They represent some of the best figures out there and are looked upon as the starting blocks to all other figures. There are others who are serious afficionados of Tudor figures and I applaud anyone who is passionate about what they use or what they do in the hobby.

"Old School" represents "days gone by" or some of the best times in our lives. We all had those teams from the past and they gave us great joy and pleasure in our days of miniature football. For some, they have incorporated new figures into the mix as well but no one has a wrong or right way to look at this, just do you!

If "Old School" is what you like, I definitely say continue to do that. Just continue to play the game and be a part of the fabric of the game.

Reg
Old 01-21-2011, 06:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

There is nothing wrong at all. As long as you are playing and having fun.
MFCA member #31
Old 01-21-2011, 08:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by efzone View Post
Is it really wrong to be "Die Hard" to collecting and playing old Tudor figures? Is this a new sickness or is it just plain passion to the old school Tudor figures? Despite the fact there is so many talented painters out there and beautiful figures to boot, I just can't wonder why I'm so passionate for the "Old School" Tudor teams. Is there something wrong with me? Let me know what you think......Thanks !
Nothing wrong with it at all. I play and love this game for sentimental reasons, I have custom boards made by the best, I have 75-100 man squads that go in 30 different directions with custom this and custom that, but I am never more excited than when I play on a vintage 620 with two '67 bigmen ironman squads.

I think for the EF purist like me, this custom stuff has taken all of the old school character away from the game. The magic just doesn't carry over now like it still does with the vintage items.

So keep it real and do your thing!

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

OH BOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEE. this is a great, superb topic. most of you know me, cause i talk/rant/gossip/yell/laugh/ and comment on here almost daily.

great replies so far.

i actually have 2 different solitaire leagues that i (slowly,but surely) enjoy playing. i have a "NEW" leaugue, which is teams made up from all figures made AFTER 1990, including FF.net, haiti repros,Buzzball and customs, miggle,miggle prolines...basically, if it was made after '90, it goes in that league. but it fails miserably in comparison when i break out my ...

Tudor Classic EFL. i mostly use hoglegs('68-'69) authentic chickenleg('70-'74) and haiti blakshoe('74/'75) and haiti whiteshoe ('76-'78). all of my teams manufactored in '80-90 get no play what so ever. we all have our faves.

im definatly a collector first, solitaire player second. i did dabble in 2 leagues, and had enormous fun times. but i always revert back to my core times.... when i got started, 1974- thats why im so stoked to play any hogleg teams or haiti teams in a solitare matchup.

long live TUDOR EFL.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Hog leg and haiti's are beautiful and it would be great to play in a league with just those figures. So to answer the question

It is cool to go old school
Old 01-21-2011, 11:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default It's Your Thing,Do What You Wanna Do....

Zone,
Nothing wrong with it at all.Like the song said,
"It's your thang,Do what you wanna do ".......
I still get a kick out of looking at the little booklet
that came with the original games.Looking at the page
that shows all the NEW DELUXE teams that were available
and checking them off as I bought them...Great memories.
The original game seems so simple now...........

SEMPER FI,
Chris Stacey
Hampton,VA