Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2007, 02:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Vintage 620 game accessories

Fellas, I do not remember in great detail the accessores that came with the many 620s I had as a kid, but I have a question. I have bought two vintage620s on Ebay and one at a garage sale and they all had the usual accessories, all three sets had the yellow modern style goal posts and also on the separate sprues in all three sets are a pair of white
H-type old school goal posts, however, on all three fields there is only one whole in each end zone for the modern yellow goal post.

I have seen pics on ebay and other areas of the Internet and I see a lot of older 620s with both style goal posts, what's up with this? I am 40 years old and do not remember this in the many new board sets I had as a kid. Am I missing something here, anyone know the reason for this?

Shabby J
Old 09-08-2007, 08:43 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Accessory Sprue

The accessory sprue that came with the 620 was the same sprue used for all the different games (e.g. 500, 613/618, 510, 520, etc…) The sprue had three different set of chains, one to match each game size; small (500), medium 613/618/late 70s super bowl game, and large 620. The same TTQBs, clock timer, end zone flags, and down marker could be used in all the games so they just molded/injected one accessory sprue that could be assembled into any of the games offered. The old 613/618 and 500 boards had four sets of holes to accommodate the ‘H’ goal post end zone. Ray F.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Goal posts

Many of the old 620's had a single hole for the goal posts.
The post fit in to the hole and then you attached a yellow plastic lock nut onto the bottom of the post where it stuck out under the board which locked it into place. I thought these where the best they ever had.
If you need them to complete the game let me know. I have some you are welcome to have. I also have tons of any spare parts for any model.
Larue