Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2007, 01:52 AM
Coach

Default Do you play solitare?? ever?

Here another thing I wonder those who play in leagues do you ever play alone and guys who play solitare will you ever play in a league??
Old 11-29-2007, 08:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Jimmie,
I am trying to do both, without much success in either! I have always been a solitaire player. In my league, I control the AFC (minus the Steelers, which my son has), my brother Bill has the NFC. When AFC teams play eachother, which happens most often, I play the game solitaire. My brother does the same thing with the NFC. When an AFC team plays a NFC team, we play against one another. It is fun this way because it is mostly solitaire, but you still have someone to talk to when something cool happens!

This year I joined the GLEFL. I had trouble having time to get together my team and go play games. Finally, the weekend arrived when I could go do just that, and boy did I get schooled! 0-3 and never really in a single game. On the long drive home from Toledo (it seemed longer than the 2 1/2 hours it took) I thought to myself if I was to get good enough for this league, I would have to spend ALL my time and years of practice and failure to do it. Now I am a competitive dude, and that kinda appealed to me. However, with two young kids and my solitaire league, can I really invest that kind of time?

I wondered if I should continue to play. Heck if I quit, they would all get forfeit wins, whereas if I played the result would be the same, a win for my opponent! I have pondered that question for a couple of weeks now, but I am no quitter! I will work hard, finish the season, and then just opt out.

The point of all this rambling is that it is too hard to find the time to invest to play both. If you are a solitaire player, that is a cool world (one I am most familiar and comfortable in), and vice-versa for the competitive players. Trying to be both is just too much work and more than likely you won't be really good at either.

Again, just my thoughts,
Mark
Old 11-29-2007, 08:40 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I would rather...

be a solataire player. I love playing along. No arguments, no scheduling conflicts, and the level of play for the coach stays the same.

I love the rules that I play by. I love being able to reproduce any scene in history and enjoy it for my own entertainment. I will eventually go back to being a solataire player and remove myself from the world of public MF. It's just a matter of time.

I do love playing in the DFW league though. But for the sake of time, I know that I will have to one day drop from the being a part of that as well.

Reg
Old 11-29-2007, 02:25 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default for me

Solitaire is the best thing....only for table sports games (LOL!!!)
Old 11-29-2007, 03:04 PM
WallyJ

Jim,

I love solitare as I can make the game what I want it to be. I've been using Anthony's MPFL rules for the last couple of months and just love what it allows you to do. Next step for my solitare leage is a full scale board.

Wally