Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2006, 09:40 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Here is where the Coaches Assoc should begin!

KEEP THIS SIMPLE!!

The Miniature Football Coaches Association
or MFCA or to avoid the "MF" the MFBCA

A coaches assoc. can start small and can start right here.
At first, all it needs to be is this forum. Bryan has obviously spent some money to get this site going. I don't know how much or how little but I know hosting all these giant excellent photos costs

My idea to start this off is:
1. Keep this forum free to all
2. Start a thread: Join the MFBCA
3. What it offers: Nothing except a "member" card and charge between $5 and $10 with the money going to keeping this site going and producing the member cards. Excess money if any, could go to an annual trophey for a "coach of the year" voted on right here through a poll by all members of the coaches association. Requirements and coach recommendations could be developed by a group of 7 reps from each area of the country. All members would have the right to submit a coach reccomendation to their area rep for consideration.

That's it!!

From this point it can grow to something much greater but PLEASE start it simple and start it without a great exspense.

This is just my idea. Talk amongst yourselves.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 11-10-2006, 02:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default the coaches association

Weirdwolf,

I want to know more about what you mean by a coaches association. Would it be set up to try to create more unity in our hobby?

As far as this site goes, this is my contribution to the hobby. I want to provide this board for the community to enjoy as long as I have the means to do so.

beenutt
Old 11-10-2006, 03:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

On the Miggle site their was a great deal of discussion on having a Coaches Association to help govern tourneys and a whole lot more. I think the idea would be put in place to provide a stronger more unified hobby with sanctioned events free of manufacturer rule. It would put the power in the hands of the coaches! It would be the beginnings to creating a national Board of Directors which many of the more recognized hobbys and games have. i.e. The National Chess Association, Subeteo Soccer, heck there is even a national dominos association.
I don't know what more it would do. Greater minds then mine have put together many thoughts and ideas on this.
I just think that if it is something wanted, that a place like this site would be the first step in the process and a good place to move the discussions ahead.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 11-10-2006, 03:52 PM
OldSchool

Question Association...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIRDWOLF View Post
On the Miggle site their was a great deal of discussion on having a Coaches Association to help govern tourneys and a whole lot more.
Lynn,

What does "help govern tourneys" mean?

- Don
Old 11-10-2006, 04:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Awww heck Don...I don't know. I'm probably putting my size 12 foot in my mouth. Like I said, if there is going to be a coaches association then start it simply. I just know that it was something that garnered alot of discussion ever since I first came to the message boards. I think it has more to do with just belonging to something. If they did govern tourneys it would be something way down the road after they had established themselves. I really don't know how or what a coaches assoc would do but it sounds like something I would want to be a part of if reasonable priced.. Just throwing in a few cents worth

—Idiom

Old 11-10-2006, 04:59 PM
OldSchool

Smile Weirdwolf...

Lynn,

I'd like to be part of one as well. I've spoken a few times lately to Will Travers. He's one person that seems to have a good grasp on the duties of an association; Plus, he has a lot of good ideas. I think anyone who is interested in trying to put a coaches association together, should try to get in touch with Will and pick his brain.

Lynn... Will says the same thing like you did about "greater minds", but I don't think something like this needs to be headed up by (only) the smartest people in the room. I think you also need a mixture of some good people who are committed to seeing this thing through for the benefit of everyone.

I truly hope we have some people who can get it done.

- OldSchool