Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2008, 09:41 PM
IronKanon

Default Team Numbers ..?!?!?!

I am making a college team and the numbers dont match up with the E.F. Offical Rules saying " Numbering System 10-19 quarterbacks, 20-49 running backs, 50-59 centers, 60-69 guards, 70-79 tackles, and 80-89 tight ends and receivers"
I looked online at my schools roster and some of my players have numbers that do not fall in their or this numbering system.
DO WE HAVE TO FOLLOW THIS..?
Lil b
Old 01-25-2008, 10:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Depends on your league.
In our league we run the current rosters on most teams and there are some cases where a tight end might be number 90 something or even in the teens. In our league we use custom figures and it is easy to spot the difference between a receive and lineman no matter what number .
However if you are playing according to the Miggle rules , they do have a numbering system for the positions.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Hi There,

Greetings to you my friend. My name is John but I am better known as Coach J. You are new on the chatboard and I also saw your other post. First of all let me say welcome to the hobby and the MFF chatboard. You have come to a good place to get your electric football questions answered.

No you really do not have to follow the rules regarding numbers in the E.F. Official Rules. As was mentioned previously it really depends on the rules of your league. For example if I wanted to coach the Oakland Raiders and chose to use some of the throwback players from the 70's and my league allowed it then Cliff Branch #21 would be one of my WR's. Or if I wanted to be the '72 Miami Dolphins then Jake Scott #13 would be one of my DB's and Paul Warfield #42 would be one of my WR's. I could be wrong but I think most league take the E.F. Rulebook that you are referring to and simply adjust it to fit there league. Hope that helps. By the way I noticed that you live in Indiana. What part of Indiana do you live in. The reason I am asking is because I know a well respected coach on this chatboard who lives in Indiana. His name is Matt and he goes by the name "Silverhorse228" on the chatboard. He could be a mentor for you during your early stages of electric football. Let me know what part of Indiana you are in and I will also ask him to contact you.

Have a good day, feel free to ask any additional questions, and again welcome to the hobby and the MFF chatboard.

John aka Coach J

Last edited by Coach_J : 01-26-2008 at 11:23 PM.