Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2008, 08:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Promoting game

Hey

Have any of you guys tried YMCA to promote the MF/EF game to kids ? I'm thinking about trying it. With gas prices like they are I'm believing that hobbies like ours should BOOM ! Let me know what ya think.

Tim
Old 03-19-2008, 08:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Ymca

Great idea. I think that it would help to start it in areas that have organized leagues and a number of coaches to make it go. And, of course you've got to have somebody to sell the YMCA on it. Then I would asssume you would probably need to donate or better yet get the YMCA to buys some boards form Miggle and or teams.
It would be nice to put togehter a plan for how to execute it once the event is sold to the people at the YMCA.
I have tried to promote the game through my 7-year old sons group of friends without much success. I even gave teams away to the kids to try to promote ownership and keep an interest after leaving our house.

Yours and others thoughts?
Old 03-19-2008, 08:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Ymca

In the area I live in the kids are always crying that theres nothing to do. I thought that maybe I'd go to the local YMCA and see what I could do.

Last edited by warriorman : 03-19-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Biglock

Default Its a tuff fight but stick with it.

Hey Warriorman, its a tuff sell to get kids into the hobby with Madden 08, ps3,WII, Xbox 360, making it so easy to just pick up and play, but maybe if you can start small, maybe expose a few of your sons friends to to the hobby, maybe you could let them make some figs or have a EF party, but keep up the fight, the right idea will come to you good luck.