Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2008, 05:13 AM
Biglock

Default Competition is one thing Fellowship to me is more important

Since we are playing a simulated version of Football competition is a factor, a factor that I believe that sometimes overshadows the real reason we spend money travel great distances to show up to these wonderful events. If your the type of coach that pursues Titles, Trophies,Belts whatever Do u and I wish u well, When i went to visit Reg He showed me so much, I learned more than I played, I took advantage of my surroundings and soaked up what I saw, is the DFW a competitive enviroment yes, but there fellowship and respect for each other fuels the competition, In Portsmouth it was the same way the fellowship was high, at some point in time the board cuts off, then what, if you truly believe in fellowship who plays who and all that is very small compared to guys getting together. When I became a solid Martial Artist For about five years I competed in point sparring and moved on to full contact fighting, i was obsessed with what trophy i could get, now is there anything wrong with that no, but I didnt take advantage of the fact that in my surroundings were some of the most skilled Martial Artists from all over the world, my drive to win cheated me from learning, forming long lasting friendships and learning more about Karate than I ever could do on my own, looking back on it what a fool I was, I will not make that mistake again in EF/MF. Would I like to win a title tourney or whatever sure, but not at the expense of chilling, hanging and enjoying my EF/MF families company, when the board is on im just like the rest of u i want to win, but when its off I want to experience fellowship with my brothers and get a Mahatten from Ray F lol, but in closing go head guys you talk matchups, who is all that, and who u think will be in the final game all that good stuff, as for me Ill do my best win or lose, cause I know once the board is off, my EF/MF family will be there blessing me with memories that will last a lifetime.

Stay Blessed
Old 04-02-2008, 08:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default 3 Cheers For The Big Guy

hooray!

H00ray!

HOO0000RAAYYYYY!!!

Old 04-02-2008, 09:48 AM
DOOMSDAY78

Default Very Well...

PUT AND SAID

Last edited by DOOMSDAY78 : 04-02-2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: forgot a word
Old 04-02-2008, 10:27 AM
MFCA MEMBER

That is what made this last event with George and Buzzball and the event I attended before that with Reg and FF special. The fellowship! There are a few guys at each event who have hit their stride and are going for the gold and it is great to watch them on that journey but for the majority of us, it is about going and playing and hangiing out and joking around. The most important part of any tourney for me is getting the chance to play guys I have never played before and if I have a good day maybe even winning one or two. Most of us know when we go that there are a few tourney favorites and the rest of us are just there because we love this game and the people around it.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 04-02-2008, 12:27 PM
WallyJ

Lock,

Right on! You hit the nail on the head

Wally