Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2008, 07:35 AM
Biglock

Default visual aids to promote EF/MF

I was reading Dre's Man will be his own worst enemy post, and some of things He said about commercials and ads to promote Tv, Movies and Food is very true, the problem is we primarily hype tourneys and leagues for us the circle of the community, here lies the problem, Movies and Tv hype and promote what they do to a large mass of people not one specific group, but being that we are so small we promote what we do to a group that is not as broad, Reg was the first guy i ever really saw promote the game, i still have the mock sports illustrated cover he made with Jerome Bettis, but even the Great Reg has to deal with the fact our numbers are small, Now Reg took it a step further the Internet is his new Billboard but still its just us seeing these things, the first real attempt to me that really stretched the bounds of EF/MF promotion was the LAEFL Nissan commercial, it had passion, depth, people playing the game in a great background it is was masterfully put together but again only we in the community saw it, and the sad part it promoted the LAEFL but it was done for Nissan, A car company takes the one of the strongest and respected leagues shows are hobby to sell cars, the best thing to me that came out of it was one the best EF/MF expose done to date, we can hype stuff but i think we need a new approach, we need more visual tools, the problem with print is reading stirs thought, now how i may read something and interpret it may be different from how someone else may interpret it which at times causes hard feelings something that we have had enuff of in this hobby, Dre made a reference to McDonald's in his post, yes they spend billions of dollars to stay ahead of there competition, but Mickey Ds has conditioned us to eat what they sell as soon as u see golden arches u know what they sell, if all of our Tvs cut off today for six months they would still make money because our
minds have been conditioned by them, now what we need are more visual aspects, now Reg I know you do this already so dont cut my head off, but some of us arent as gifted as you, what we need is a visual way like the Nissan commercial to promote what we do, not just for us but the folks outside the community, even in promoting tourneys and leagues if possible why cant we have a Promotion type clip for what we do showing action packed plays, the emotion of the game something that i can call up a perspective coach and say watch this tell me what you think, I bet if its done rite we could sign up more coaches for tourneys also we could get video clips of the community at these events but we need new ideas, its cool that we can say hey come to this and come to that but honestly its still geared at us, growth comes from new blood, and in all truthfulness i dont care who hypes what I dont care how u push it at me if im not economically able to attend some event oh well, I dont care if you have Bill Parcels there I cant make it thats what it is, thats another reason some events do better than others not hype. I would love to get with some people who may agree with me on this lets brainstorm on it, we can think of a way to hype and promote this hobby our leagues and tourneys without offending peeps, but more important to the masses thay dont know anything about our wonderful hobby, to the gentleman that is in so flo and wants to do the So Flo EF/MF documentary hit me up on the number Weirdwolf gave u, we can talk.

Stay Blessed

Last edited by Biglock : 04-01-2008 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:20 AM
SteelerFan1967

Default Just my 2 cents....

I am a big hockey fan...have been for years and I play hockey in 3 adult leagues.

In the US, hockey is major sport that really isn't a major sport in the eyes of lots of folks.

Hockey highlights make the news when there's a good/bad fight or somebody gets cut by a skate a bleeds all over the place...(not to overstate it...but that's mostly true).

The NHL has been trying for years, and with some success, to attract new fans to the sport.

Overall, I think the popularity is growing...but it's a SLOW process...and hockey will NEVER be as popular as football, basketball, baseball or even NASCAR in the states. Personally, I am OK with that.

I think EF/MF is in the same boat.

There are other hobbies/games/sports that get more attention and that more people participate in...and EF/MF faces the same kind of uphill battle when it comes to spreading the word and promoting the hobby.

Like hockey, EF/MF is something that most likely will appeal to a smaller group of people...but also like hockey...that's a pretty hardcore group!

The thing is...everybody has to do something to promote.

For some, HYPE is good and gets the message home.

For others, it's maybe a more subtle message that gets through.

Either way...the best thing we can do is realize that there are different ways to reach people...and as long as we do it with honesty and passion, then the message will reach the right eyes and ears.

Just my thoughts...

Last edited by SteelerFan1967 : 04-01-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: fix my spelling
Old 04-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Biglock

well said my friend
Old 04-01-2008, 11:38 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Video

I understand what you are talking about. Basically, you want this hobby to be televised. When we switch on our televisions, we see the History channel, Military channel, Lifetime network, NFL network, etc. We ask ourselves why we can’t have the Electric Football channel.

It can be done, but it is going to cost dollars; our own dollars. We would have to first pitch the idea to a television broadcast network. In doing that, we must demonstrate that everyone will benefit besides us in this hobby. Will those who sponsor us benefit? We will need sponsorship. In essence, the network wants to know what this hobby will do for them in regards to the business.

For a long time now at Electric Coach Studios, I am creating electric football videos with my own commentary and action. I am working on the YouTube production that I have been talking about. This is my contribution toward promoting the hobby.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 04-02-2008, 03:59 PM
kbaker1018

I don't know if this is done or not, but maybe for the big tourneys we do advertise in the local papers with huge ads. Maybe people from around the country who want this to grow would contribute to offset the costs. We could do the big events like reg's and seawall brawl, etc. This could lead to more people attending to watch and maybe get excited again about it. That is how I got into it at the Miggle Superbowl in Baltimore a few years. Just a thought.

Keith
Old 04-02-2008, 05:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Public TV

I don't know if it can happen or how, but I know that PBS shows a lot of things not normally on regular tv. Plus I was reintroduced when I saw Smitty on PBS. So if we start small then build up we might a chance. Also we might want to check into how stations like state ran cable channels. I know we have some local celebs in our community here so maybe they can help. These are some of my idea's

Darrian