Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2008, 12:03 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default i dont get it ???

so what your saying is..that if i order bases from miggle...they arrive to me..i weigh them and they come from miggle over what YOU think it should weigh...them i should throw it away and waste my money?.. ******** man..dont know what you do for money..but i cant afford that kind of sillyness.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman280 View Post
so what your saying is..that if i order bases from miggle...they arrive to me..i weigh them and they come from miggle over what YOU think it should weigh...them i should throw it away and waste my money?.. ******** man..dont know what you do for money..but i cant afford that kind of sillyness.

OH.. If the question was directed my way.. It wouldn't be a problem (per NHFL rules) with the weights that Norbert was giving.. cuz they were all under the 1.1 that the NHFL limits them too..

I will say this.. Miggle TTC's were limited to 1.2 grams that season.. And I had several that were coming in at the 1.23-1.25 range.. and I had to chop the crap out of the dials to get them down to weight.. (at the playoffs.. after they had been tweaked).. like a dummy.. I hadn't weighed the standard Miggle shells/dials.. cuz.. I wasn't worried about it. I assumed.. (never assume) that the old standard that had been around for decades would be under weight.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeasymoney View Post
What Wrong With You Coaches No Proline Rookie Bases Weighs More Than 1.0 Thats The MAXIMUM Weight. To This Date Miggle Has Never Sold A Proline Base That Weighs More Than 1.0 .

Jimmy Davis
I was just relaying that the NHFL rule stated 1.1 grams max.. They were just playing it safe with their rule..
Old 04-03-2008, 01:44 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Am I missing something here? Jeasymoney, I am in no way trying to argue with you, but I fail to see where this is an issue, like I said earlier, if your league has max weights for base alone, then maybe you have an issue.

Where has it ever been posted what a Miggle Proline Rookie is "supposed" to weigh? Has Miggle ever claimed what any of their bases are "supposed" to weigh?

We are not talking tenths of a gram here, we are talking hundredths of a gram. Again, knowing where these are made, with the changes in plastic consistency and colors we have been moaning about on Miggle bases, to find out all of a sudden a base weighs 4 hundredths of a gram more and to call it illegal is ludicrous.

I respect your opinion, but taking an alarmist attitude and calling them illegal is a little over the top. A chemically altered base may be illegal in your league, but that's not the case everywhere.

I could say the butane from my lighter chemically alters the prongs when I flash them.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.

Last edited by Shabby J : 04-03-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:55 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby J View Post
I respect your opinion, but taking an alarmist attitude and calling them illegal is a little over the top. A chemically altered base may be illegal in your league, but that's not the case everywhere.

I could say the butane from my lighter chemically alters the prongs when I flash them.
good point!!!