Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2006, 08:11 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Last year at the Buzzball convention, ...

I approached Mike Pratt about speed bases. I told him that I could never get any speed out of ttc bases. He told me to leave him a few bases and he would tweak them for me and send them to me. Mike had major life threatening back surgery shortly thereafter but still managed to tweak these bases for me. Mike, I don't know how you do it, but you created the fastest ttc bases that I have ever seen. You are definitely the "tweak freak". I've tried at least 100 bases and haven't been able to get one as fast as what you tweaked for me. I know you said something about having a special pair of tweezers but I can't help but to think that it is a special skill you have. On top of everything, you wouldn't even accept any payment for your services. I just wanted to give you praise for the kind of person you are. Thanks Mike and good luck on your remaining recovery from back surgery. Thanks for all you do for this hobby.

beenutt
Old 11-11-2006, 09:17 AM
OldSchool

Smile The Prattster...

Bee, When I first met Mike, I saw three of his Dbs (all on ttcs) run past and outrun his opponent's receiver to the endzone. They looked like they were lead blocking for the receiver. About a year and a half later, I was at a Buzzball tourney when I realized I was two players under the roster limit. I decided to add two more guys to my Kickoff coverage team just to be on the safe side. So I bought some men and proceeded to paint them up rather quickly. I made a decision to use my starting safeties (who were on extemely strong/fast rookie bases) to help shore-up my kicking team, but I would need backup safeties on ttcs to give me more flexability in zone coverage and they had to be fast enough to hawk down the opposition's receivers.

Mike came over when he saw me painting and asked me what I was doing, so I filled him in on the situation. I knew Mike was busy with running the tournament, but he still took the time to tweak two (first run) blue and white ttcs for my safeties. He wouldn't accept any payment, and thanks to Mike I was able to (in a timely manner) finish my extra guys and turn in my team for inspection.

What a guy!!!

-OldSchool
Old 11-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Biglock

Default Mike is the Man

Even though I have yet to meet the great Prattster, he has been one of the most important people in my EF Journey, since our first conversation in the summer of 04 he has always been honest, truthful, wise, and always shot straight from the hip, he guided me as a brother and a friend from that day on, I appreciate his EF knowledge, but I appreciate the person that he is 100 times more, I wish him the Best and Fastest recovery and knowing him as I do Im sure we will all see the great Shaggy real soon.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:00 PM
TheTweakFreak

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement gents. They are greatly appreciated. I never claimed to be the best base tweaker, passer, coach, etc. I do try to do things that I feel best promote the hobby. I also insist on straight forward honesty. Though that approach isn't always popular, without it we have nothing worthwhile in the end.

Recovery has been slowed to a snails pace for me lately. I also fell (literally) victim to a recent setback. I tripped while trying to navigate a sea of canines in my LR and took a very hard fall on my left hip and ribs. This has put me back about 2 months in some areas but seems to have gotten a little better over the last couple of days. As long as I continue to make progress in my recovery, look for me to get out and about a bit more in the not too distant future........ leg bag and pull-ups mandatory or optional.

-Mike Pratt