Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2008, 11:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default just because...

I am a big advocate of BuzzBall's Pass Simulation version of using the sticks, does not mean I don't know how use the TTQB...

However, since time is a precious commodity to me, I choose not to build 10 different teams for 10 different styles of play, I'll stay baseline no-weight..... I'm not out to prove my manhood. just to have fun and be somewhat competitive.

electric coach, I agree all "other" things being equal, the heavier team should push the lighter team........ which is why we have weigh ins at BuzzFest for the standard no-weight division....and if one thinks about it, staying within the confines of the rules will be an opportunity to get more out what one already has, instead of adding more of this and more of that.

Some have asked me why my new DDB base comes in at 1.3, .................and why I didn't scale it down, .........I talked with Kansas Bill about this as he jumped through hoops to get the f-5 down, he told me to keep what I have don't spend the extra thousands of $$......AND the facts are, the hobby size doesn't justify the extra expense to knock of a 10th of a gram of weight when someone can do it themselves at home IF they choose, ....just like the meegle remakes of the current over sized original 67 Big men figures. sand a little of the bottom platform, and EASY on the paint and clear coat and you will be fine.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default No problem........

.........never questioned your manhood!! I would hope that you don't gauge your manhood on your MF play, then we will have to call in Dr. Phil. However it was just an invite to show you how well 4.0 performs. Also the stick statement was just to see if you get your undies in a bunch!!!! .. I know you are a advocate of sticks that's why I said to leave them at home!!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:37 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Week 8

Chiefs are coming, want matter what board speed (5 hemi's), size (G.I joe or Army men), nothing, we ready for any situation, week 8 peasent, be on the look out youngfella, no warnin shots,.......LMAO, lets all just have some clean fun, don't matter what weight you play at in your leagues, as long as the tournaments have a set limit, we good, 3.2 to 4.0, whatever is fine.

Norbert Revels
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2008, 11:57 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Allow Me To Clarify

Please do not misunderstand my last post. I am not suggesting that 4.0 teams be the standard because it can push harder than lighter teams. I am saying that physics proves that the heavier team will dominate a lighter team, which is why it is important that weight is determined before a tournament begins.

If weight is not regulated, that opens the door for poorly matched teams. A tournament can become an all out slaughter, which can make a mess of things. When that happens, the beauty and the class of the hobby are diminished.

As I said before, I prefer to mix weights among my teams when I play solitaire. By doing this, it opens the game for huge things to happen on the table. Never do I make one team heavy all over without doing the same for its opponent. I spread the weight over my teams. Mismatches are created all over the board when I allow my varied weighted, posed, and based teams to match up.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 05-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Coach

Default 3.2, 4.0, unlimited

Guys,

I have tried! God knows, I've tried! I can't do it anymore! Lower wieghts, smaller boards, and restricted rules puts me in a state of bordem! That's why I bail out at tournaments, league play, or just don't play at all. I see so much more potential for me to enjoy this hobby. Thanks Mike for the insight. If it comes down to me playing with an exclusive few, then so be it!

Smitty
Old 05-13-2008, 04:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hey R.J.

Did you get your DFW schedule yet ?

Norbert
Old 05-13-2008, 07:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default rj...

I don't mind change, just like to see all across the land on the same page.
by the way, the new board I have the speed is high as it will go. Ido like a fast board, my men perform better.
to bad about l.a., but i fill ya. hollar at me when you got time!!!!!!

broncoman
Old 05-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Coach

Default 4.0, I hope that will be it

I hope next year we won't be going to 4.2, because I have a funny feeling 4.0 will not be a enough
Old 05-14-2008, 03:53 AM
TheTweakFreak

I think sometimes we just think too much-over think and get off track. It happens a lot because we tend to be so passionate about certain aspects of the hobby. I'm not judging. Count me in as well. Guilty as charged.

I say that because if you read BigLock's initial thread (he started) it simply asks what we (each one of us individually) prefers. Instead of just answering his request, some or most of us turn it into a political football and kick the air right out of it. I approached it from a bit of a different angle by stating my preferences only hold all of its water in my own little world. I.E., solitaire. If I step of my porch to play w/another coach then I have to be willing to set my personal preferences aside to some reasonable degree. So in my attempt to explain my preferences and their severe limitations, I also kicked a ball into play that was not asked for. I probably should have practiced better netiquette and answered the question, period. THEN started a separate thread to go into other (than what he requested) subject matter if I felt the need..............

I didn't exactly do that. My apologies to BigLock. I hope you eventually got the info you requested.

-Mike Pratt