Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2008, 05:05 PM
JIMBO

Default Army Cadet Wishbone

Attached Images

Last edited by JIMBO : 06-13-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:15 PM
JIMBO

Default More Pics And Video!!!

Attached Images

Last edited by JIMBO : 06-13-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Jimbo, what happens if...

you use a 4-3 movement principle?

Also, on your shift, would you allow the players to physically be picked up and moved or just shift them.

Also, on the iniatial option of the QB, do the defense use "read and react"? At that initial point of the QB, do you say "QB has it all the way" or do you run it to the point of where you think he's gonna get hit and make the pitch. At that point, do the defense react?

Have you ever done this with a 4 backs - to - 3 defenders movement or a 4-2 movement? Greg is suppose to be showing this but I'd like to see some other methods too.

Also, how much time is taken in such a sequence?

Reg
Old 05-25-2008, 06:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Nice play Jimbo

Each One Teach One!
DSEFL
Old 05-26-2008, 01:47 AM
Coach

Man...in the video, it looks like the safety(?) was doing fine till his cleats fell off and he tripped on himself. His base seemed very unstable!!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:05 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Smooth!

I'm impressed at how smooth your rookie bases ran on that play. I'd have to turn my speed down to get that on my board. On that dive play, it looks like the D did not account for a play going up the middle. Perhaps letting the middle LB shadow the FB or shifting over or angling the left safety would have helped. Anyway, great post....and keep 'em coming because believe it or not I'm learning from stuff like this.

DC
Old 05-26-2008, 01:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Jimbo- Nice stuff!

DC- To do this you gotta get those rookie prongs real soft to run smooth! Using the heated pliers to thin out prongs can help achieve this (candle warmer). Buzzball speed bases are softer than Miggle rookies to start and Pro Line fast and strong rookies are GREAT for running smooth too. The funny thing is, I believe weight is more helpful to speed than power. The reason I say this is that adding weight can allow you to keep the prongs less tweaked (which means more rigid) and keep the base from boucing as much. For speed tweaking, even if the prongs are soft, use the heated pliers to set the angle to the front prongs close to vertical and the rear prongs just slightly less than vertical. I'm sure others can weigh in on this as well (no pun intended), but this is my experience. You're right though, a speed rookie base is more likely to bounce more than run smoothly. Hit me up with a PM sometime if you think your board is a bit bouncy and I can help you.
Joe
Old 05-26-2008, 01:34 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Joe View Post
Jimbo- Nice stuff!

DC- To do this you gotta get those rookie prongs real soft to run smooth! Using the heated pliers to thin out prongs can help achieve this (candle warmer). Buzzball speed bases are softer than Miggle rookies to start and Pro Line fast and strong rookies are GREAT for running smooth too. The funny thing is, I believe weight is more helpful to speed than power. The reason I say this is that adding weight can allow you to keep the prongs less tweaked (which means more rigid) and keep the base from boucing as much. For speed tweaking, even if the prongs are soft, use the heated pliers to set the angle to the front prongs close to vertical and the rear prongs just slightly less than vertical. I'm sure others can weigh in on this as well (no pun intended), but this is my experience. You're right though, a speed rookie base is more likely to bounce more than run smoothly. Hit me up with a PM sometime if you think your board is a bit bouncy and I can help you.
Joe
Thanks Joe. Check your PM.