Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2008, 02:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Gentlemen

Gentlemen

I want to apologies for sharing something I thought was positive and that might help this hobby as a hole grow and gain respect.

I was hoping to start a intellectual conversation, but as I can see no one wants to embrace that. I had hoped to find open minds, but I see that they are still closed.

I guess people/coaches will only view things from one perspective, and make assumptions based on what they think rather then trying to see things from another point of view.

I guess if I wrote about the nice weather I'm seeing right now that someone will misunderstand that to.

When we try to inject what we think about what we have read, rather then try to understand where someone is coming from we will only cause strife and discord among each other.

Again, I apologies for attempting a intellectual conversation.

It was a mistake to make that post.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony D Burgess View Post
Gentlemen

I want to apologies for sharing something I thought was positive and that might help this hobby as a hole grow and gain respect.

I was hoping to start a intellectual conversation, but as I can see no one wants to embrace that. I had hoped to find open minds, but I see that they are still closed.

I guess people/coaches will only view things from one perspective, and make assumptions based on what they think rather then trying to see things from another point of view.

I guess if I wrote about the nice weather I'm seeing right now that someone will misunderstand that to.

When we try to inject what we think about what we have read, rather then try to understand where someone is coming from we will only cause strife and discord among each other.

Again, I apologies for attempting a intellectual conversation.

It was a mistake to make that post.
Some of this thread presents some interesting ideas. My question to you - are you willing to do what you are asking others to do?? I only ask because I can understand your view, but each member (player) must make that choice before they sign the contract ......
Old 06-19-2008, 04:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2badjim View Post
A commissioner is a player in this league just like ever one else,he is not the coach of the league,Rules are changed every year from the NFL,Collage,High School, on down to us,A rule is presented & the owners vote.A league should be a democracy not a dictatorship,if i think our league would better benifit from a certain rule or whatever the case may be, i shold be able to bring it to the league table for discussion without feeling i'm bucking up against the commissioner,coaches make up a league,A commissioner carries out & governs what the LEAGUE has agreed upon lets keep this thing simple,the commish is trying to coach a GAME just as u are,but thats just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2badjim View Post
I understood the point,but every league has its own type of Al Davis.He has his ways about him, but Al Davis has been great for football,its not all bad.sometimes that outlaw keeps a league focused,the commissioner of the EFL LEAGUES are NOT THE COACH or BOSS of the LEAGUE.Yes we all have to respect the love of this great hobby that we all share.Let the outlaw play & have fun too, one or two hard heads will never be as strong as the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc View Post
2badjim,

I agree that a league should be a democracy and not a dictatorship. We would always vote on rules, some would get put in and some would not. But the risk is this: There are always some coaches who want to change rules to suit their personal benefit as opposed to the benefit of the league. Or they will try to change a rule to work against 1 particular coach who is kicking the rest of the league's arse. To me this is wack. Make your team better or learn to coach better don't try to change a rule. Changes and suggestions are good but before we even bring to them to the table we need to make sure that we have the leagues best interest at heart!

Don't know what ya'll talking 'bout...just speaking from my experience

DMC
Agree wholeheartedly guys..

The Tornado Alley EFL has adopted a lot of rules changes this year.. but all with the intention of opening up the offense.. Which has been a complete success.. the best coaches are still the best coaches.. we're just all having a lot more fun and scoring more points doing it.

I think I'm the commissioner.. WOLF!.. Am I the commissioner or are you? I guess we never really hammered that out.. We just all work together to make the game as enjoyable as possible..

We don't collect league dues either..

If we do indeed finally.. and I mean finally make that recruiting push we keep talking about. then ya.. we'll need a commissioner.. as it is now.. We just make calls to fellow coaches/players when we have a question on rules..

It works for us.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Bill View Post

I think I'm the commissioner.. WOLF!.. Am I the commissioner or are you? I guess we never really hammered that out.. We just all work together to make the game as enjoyable as possible..
You are the Commissioner! I happily bow to your wisdom....

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 06-19-2008, 10:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIRDWOLF View Post
You are the Commissioner! I happily bow to your wisdom....

My wisdom??!!!
We're screwed.. LOL
Old 06-20-2008, 02:54 PM
2badjim

Default Much Deeper

I feel i'm missing somthing here,theres a deeper message in all of this that i'm not aware of,i thought we were just having a heart to heart talk,come on guys lets keep this in clean fun,there is enough for every one.