Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2008, 11:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Post Coach been through the storm......

It happened in 2002 and After 3 years(2004-2007) and many hours of overtime w/o extra pay,(voluntarily teaching karate, and doing electric football afterschool...keeping kids off the streets) that happened to me at my old school system. I got blesed with another job...less pay but I am greatful in another school system. I Interviewed this summer at my old school system and God felt that I should stay where I am and that is where I am at and again less pay....more inner peace

Coach losing a job hurts for being a provider is a greater part of our moral fiber. Take the reigns of your talent and run with it, for it will get you through the trials and tribulations down the line, just as DJ'n does for me....you have the blessing of your family in your home and your EF family of Coaches all across the world.... There is no greater pain than going through something major and feeling like you are all alone:o ......you are not, you are blessed with family

Your Brother in Buzz,
Coach Karim

Last edited by GrandMasterKC : 09-04-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:06 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Keep your faith

Chris, you are a great man and good things will happen to ya brother.Keep your head up and keep trying to do things you love doing.For starters, you might want to start cracking on creating your own figures and doing up some teams. I know you have the talent and if you need some decals I have some I can send you to help you out.
I'll keep you in thought and prayer. I think you said it best. You have a wonderful family and you have your health. God will provide with strong faith.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Keep your chin up Chris

The NATIONAL 1 has been there bro. I also feel like things happen for a reason, and whatever that doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

I got laid off my construction job (in the early 90's) no big deal it happens. It lasted for almost 2yrs! I had to move out of my apt, back in with my parents. I used up all my unemployment. My mom and dad was giving me a few dollars here and there. That was just for gas money! I was at the bottom! It made me concentrate on my job more, and take it more seriously. When I got the call, I was a new man, and I have been going pretty strong ever since (knock on wood!)

We are all here for you.

Hey, if you want to do some painting or whatever, shoot me a PM. I'm always looking for more 49ers!!!!!!!!!!

Nat'l
Old 09-05-2008, 09:03 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default to my friend!!!!!

Chris ,words can't express the way i feel for you and your family,but i do know this my friend good things are headed your way.you are already blessed with a wonderful wife and kids.they will help you through.so,just keep doing your thing and plugging away and that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow will no doubt be there for you and your family.when i met you at the miggle convention and later talked on line with you i knew this was someone i knew i could hang out with.i truly consider you a good friend.and last, what's this go Irish stuff,don't you mean go buckeyes!!!!!!

hang in there buddy
Ronnie
Old 09-05-2008, 09:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hang Tuff

Man! Many of us are going through this crap these days. It really hurts when you are the bread winner. Hang tuff and stay strong!

-Adrian-
Old 09-05-2008, 09:23 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default hang in there

Chris,

Most of us have been thru this and have made it back to the top (sort of)...
keep your head up and believe that your calling is on the way, not behind you.

k-lo
Old 09-05-2008, 09:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Sorry to hear about this

My heart goes out to you Chris, and the rest of you guys in that area of the country as well. it seems like its hitting you guys the most and that is terrible.

Chris, gonna rock a solitaire game tonight for ya. Those wonderful Houston Gamblers you painted up vs one of my USFL painted teams.

Also, i will finish up those Texans with your decals. i'll post pics when i am done.

Hang in there Bro. Do the best you can and put yourself in a position for good things to happen.

Scott
Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
WallyJ

Chris,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I hope all works out for the best for you and your family. The problem is that this is a sign of the times. Remember that as one door closes another will always open.

Best wishes,

Wally
Old 09-05-2008, 12:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default sorry Chris

Chris

I too lost my job in 1999. I worked for that company for alil over 12 years. I then got a job at 1/3 of the pay and lost that job too when I couldn't get to work after a hurricane hit here. I then went self-employed. I'm not making alot but at least I'm not worried about getting laid off again !
Old 09-05-2008, 01:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Man, times are tough these days but just keep looking and something will come up! I BELIEVE EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Who knows a better job may be waiting.