Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2008, 03:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Chris, yes I agree with necessity for timed audibles. I like rules that have the board on as much as possible and I agree that the pre-snap setup must be FAST. My recommendation would be 10 seconds for offense or whatever the current league rule is, just add unengaged O-lineman to the mix of players that can be audibled.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Agreed. The pace and flow is very important in any set of rules. The time allowed with any of these suggestions is top priority. Nothing can kill the fun of the game more than slow set up or adjustments.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 09-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Coach

The audibles and pivots at the line of scrimmage should not affect the flow of the game at all if you are using a 35 second (or similar length) set up clock for the offense.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default any one else allow pivots to lineman?

By allowing the O-lineman to be angles (during audible time) you can...pull the guard, pull guard and tackle to the outside (along with the RB) to run an outside screen, have the tackle block out on the outside blitz, block down to double team a strong defensive lineman, and otherwise allow lineman an opportunity to react to the defensive line configuration. Obviously the reaction capaability is limited though because the key to the whole thing is a limited number of audibles (example 3) so if you angle two lineman then you could audible only 1 RB (for example). Since the defensive line sets up after the O-line I think this would add a great element of strategy (and increased difficulty) in how to set up a defense so you don't get baited by the initial set up. Keep the feedback coming...

side bar...FF, I believe that the audibles are timed seperately from most play set up clocks (which is how I play). I know the shootout rules allow 10 seconds for offensive audibles while defense only gets 5 seconds. This is after the play clocks expire.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up

I would agree with being able to adjust any un-engaged linemen for pre-snap adjustment,however in our league where you are using the strategy divider, wouldn't the linemen then be in one of the slots outside of those designated for linemen??? Or do you guys who use this format allow those types of players in positions outside of the line area.

raiderhp