Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Coach

Default Putting a rookie base on a DE?

I just want to know, do you guy's out there think it's a good Ideal to put a rookie base on a DE for more speed?
Old 10-28-2008, 06:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default My ends.....

.......have rookie bases but are tweaked for strength. I have my outside linebackers which are my sack leaders have rookie bases. Since I run something like a 3-4, 4-3 defense I use my outside linebackers to dicate what the offense doe. Every play you have to account for them or it is good bye momma. 3 games 13 sacks. Not a bad ratio. Not to mention making them cut that switch off when they see dem boys rounding that corner.

11 sacks come from 3 outside linebackers. so if you wish for your end to be a sack leader yes I would use a rookie base.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Coach

Use a Proline 1st run strong rookie base....if you can find them. They can be tweaked to loop....they can get both speed and strength. They are very stable platforms as well....so work with those big custom figures. Don't forget....the way the player is designed, he might already tend to loop right or left when put on a base. So....combine the right player with the right base and you can make a killer looper....and that makes for a good DE. The same base can also be used for just plain straight ahead strength. Pick a figure that doesn't tend to be unbalanced naturally to make a straight running DE. Tall and with hands up makes him hard to throw over.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:24 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson View Post
.......have rookie bases but are tweaked for strength. I have my outside linebackers which are my sack leaders have rookie bases. Since I run something like a 3-4, 4-3 defense I use my outside linebackers to dicate what the offense doe. Every play you have to account for them or it is good bye momma. 3 games 13 sacks. Not a bad ratio. Not to mention making them cut that switch off when they see dem boys rounding that corner.

11 sacks come from 3 outside linebackers. so if you wish for your end to be a sack leader yes I would use a rookie base.
That is my strategy . I copied it from the Akron crew 12 years ago.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:27 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Rookie on a DE ?

Yeah,....... only in 2 hand touch (ATT), better not do it in FOB play though (ONLY proline strong rookies can handle it).

Norbert Revels