Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2008, 08:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Millennium Con XI Convention day is near

Hello it’s 12 days until the electric football event in Austin at the Millennium con XI !
I want to start talking about what times those of you who have volunteered to show up and help run a game will be available, and if you’re coming from the DFW area what the travel arrangements might be. I will be staying at the hotel.

The two time slots that the DFW EFL will be running a game are:
Saturday afternoon 2:00 to 6:00 (will need to arrive around 1:00 to set up)
Saturday evening 7:00 to 11:00 (will need to arrive around 6:00 to set up)

Please call me soon to confirm and touch base on what our plans will be.
Curtis Kitchens (214) 288-3250.

For all those coming please bring your EFL gear!
Reginald had mentioned how great it would be to provide a full blow stadium for the gamers to look at prior to game start. I completely agree. If we show up with a custom stadium it might (might) be enough to actually win best of show. I say this because I’ve seen Reg’s custom stadiums, and I know they would be the talk of the convention because not only are they quality but the uniqueness of it to this crowd would give an advantage. If Reg. does not bring one of his stadiums does anybody else have a stadium that we can showcase?
Additionally Reg. if you have any flyers for footballfigure that would be great to bring.
AND I think that banner that we had up at the Labor Day kickoff event would also be a must item. Reg let me know if we have that and I’ll try to make sure we have a way to hang it up.

I would like to have 3 referees per game session one of which will be myself. We will need to spend about 30 minutes before each game going over the rules and the methods of play to the coaches. This will be one speaker with everybody else listening style of instruction. I can do it, but if Reg, or Mike or somebody else more experienced wants to speak before the game or provide correction to me if I forget anything no problem. Due to time constraints we will have to assume that the coaches have a basic understanding of the NFL rules and explain our EFL variant beyond that. Some strategy tips will be a must though.

Once again visit the website for directions, and hotel information http://www.millenniumcon.com/

Curtis
Old 11-05-2008, 11:28 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default See my answer in the Photo Gallery Section

Since Wolf moved my Collection thread to the Photo Gallery area, that's where I will be talking from.

See my answer over there!!

Reg