Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2008, 11:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Convention Opportunity

Curtis,

I am definitely down with doing this. I've just got off the phone speaking with Mike Robertson about the strategy to making this happen.

This is a great recruiting opportunity for the ACEFL and possibly the DFW. If presented in the right manner, this will make the game look exciting, intense, and worthwhile in playing. That is my goal here.

Minimal Personnel Needed to pull this off: 7 People

2 Coaches - Michael Robertson and Reginald Rutledge
1 Official - "Rookie" Doug Shanafelt
2 Broadcast Analysts - Mark Villanueva and Robert Jackson
1 Camera Person - Curtis Kitchens
1 Host - John Rowan

Coaches plays will be scripted. Mike and myself will run successful formations to give people an idea of what can be ran. We are looking to have a 38-35 last second victory on a FG. We will script that.

"Rookie" will have on the official referee outfit. I have the whole uniform so I will let him use that.

Mark is well spoken and offers great insight. RJ is professional and offers a great deal of knowledge about the game.

Curtis should have no problems operating as camera man. Mike and myself are easy to play around.

John Rowan is a great host who will hand out brochures for both the ACEFL and DFW. I will try to work on a DVD for the league as well.

Props: We will use John Rowan's Heinz Field and decorate it accordingly. I have not decided whether to use the college flava or use our pro teams (less work). Mike and I will discuss this in the upcoming week.

I'll put a blueprint up here on how it should look. Just give me some knowledge of the space we will have to play in.

This will be a great "cookbook" for the DFW Championship and the CBSMF.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Clarification

Reg:
I can’t get you on the phone so I’m posting here.
I agree with all you’ve said, but I think there is one minor misunderstanding.

The “coaches” of the teams will be the convention goers who are not associated with EFL. With all the games at the convention what happens is there is a table with sign up sheets at the front door and attendees sign up (some early online) for the games they want to play. I’ve listed the 2 EFL games to be a 2 to 4 player maximum, but it will be wargaming convention goes who are signed up anticipating playing electric football. It is not a problem to have a few minutes of example play from you and Mike, but what I think needs to be happening is that you and Mike will “assist coach” the wargamers as they play. When you say scripted plays maybe that’s what you are talking about so maybe there is no confusion after all.

Curtis