Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2008, 10:04 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Fine start there

You have done poses to tudor fab 5 figures that i have never seen before. Wait until you get your hands on some buzzball and ff.net figures.
Keep up the good work and keep showing pictures.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

can you guys that use photobucket - can you upload the pictures to this site so that all can enjoy your work????

welcome aboad!

MEMBER #64
Old 11-05-2008, 01:20 PM
ShaynDaPain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Joe View Post
GREAT STUFF!

Here's a tip, if you're using a lighter make sure to hit the figure with the blue part of the flame. Do your best to avoid hitting the figure with the tip of the flame as it will melt and blacken easier. Often times I will split the figure in two (lower body and upper body) and shape them seperately in order to avoid the issue of the flame hitting areas that I don't want it to.

Its refreshing to see the energy you bring, makes me want to get on the bench tonight to create some new figures tonight. Keep up the good work.
Joe
I'm using a torch lighter, actually it's for starting my BBQ. Maybe the flame is too hot. But now that you mention it, it's only when I'm very deliberate in heating the plastic, puting the torch directly on the figure that the plastic got soft quicker, and didn't bubble. The mid-section is the toughest part to mold because I always end up melting the dang hand down to a nub.

Thanks for a tip, keep it up plz I could use the help.

I'd like to hear more about cutting figures up ad puting them back together. I haven't done that yet. Is it easy to cut and re-aply the head to look in other directions? Because melting and twisting seems to distort the head.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:25 PM
ShaynDaPain

Ok I settled on the Bears as my first team. I'm not really a big fan of the Bears, but the league out here took all my teams!

The Bears will have Walter Payton, Gale Sayers, Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs(My wife went to HS with Lance and they are friends), and many many more.

Walter Payton is my favorite piece so far, you see him up there. I've also already made a Brian Urlacher and Mike Singletary.

I can't think of an all-time WR to name my wr's...help?
Old 11-05-2008, 01:34 PM
ShaynDaPain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach K-LO View Post
can you guys that use photobucket - can you upload the pictures to this site so that all can enjoy your work????

welcome aboad!

MEMBER #64
How do upload pictres to the MFCA site? I didn't know that was an option. I've always used photobucket to post pics on forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFCA Man View Post
You have done poses to tudor fab 5 figures that i have never seen before. Wait until you get your hands on some buzzball and ff.net figures.
Keep up the good work and keep showing pictures.
Thanks you, that really gets me stoked!!! I have plans in the works for a 49er team down the road. Steve Young running without a helmet with a forward lean, (gotta get better at using my dremel to shape his head) I got and idea for a TO doing the Dallas Star Stand, you know the one. I have a few ideas I think will end up really cool.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:18 PM
ShaynDaPain

Some new pics for you. I made a new center figure, and a linebacker. I got 10 figs made already, 3 defense and 7 offense. I guess one of the down linemen could be O or D...anyhow here they are.

Remember I'm new to this hobby, so these pieces might have some flaws like a melted hand or something. But I think they look cool. I haven't painted them, given them faces, facemasks or decals or any of that jazz to make them more realistic yet. I'll be doing that later.

Growing Pains: I found out about the old school tudor bases too late. I think the pieces I've been customizing, unfortunately are the vintage figures. I'm not quite sure, but I might have done a bad thing here...at the same time I feel it was worth it to find out if I can do this sort of thing or not. So far so good I think. It doesn't take me long to melt and mold a figure. But I've got to become more comfortable with cutting up figures and gluing them back together to get the figure I want. More on that later...but for now these are the guys I have.

Also I think I see how to make my pictures come out better, I need to take pictures during the daytime near a window to get better lighting, and I think I'm getting the camera too close to my figures. You see how the QB up there in that second photo is in almost perfect focus? So I need to find that sweet spot to get close enough but not too close. Then I'll take really good pictures for you guys. I'll practice more with that for the next batch of photos I post.

Last edited by ShaynDaPain : 11-06-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:28 AM
ShaynDaPain

Michael Downs sent me some new athletes to mold. He sent me an already built RB, I just needed to smooth him out with a dremel. I also added some thigh pads and shaped out his arms/shoulder pads to look a little more realistic I think. here he is now.

Thanks Scott!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 12:57 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hey my man

Whats up, I live in Elk Grove and I am part of the Nor Cal crew! Get back to me if you want to set up something.

Jeff
Old 11-09-2008, 02:37 PM
ShaynDaPain

Yeah, call me. I sent my number in a PM. Glad to find another player so close, and a Steeler fan to boot! Good times.

ShaynDaPain