Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2008, 03:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default What Draws You To The Style You Currently Play ???

Coaches

as we know, there are many ways to play this game as been gone over quite a few times. But what draws you to how you are currently playing

1) is it familiarirty ?

2)already comfortable where you are ?

3)don't see any reason to try something else ?

4)no time to learn something new ?

5)set in your ways ?

6) don't think another rule set can match what you are already doing ?

WHAT ATTRACTED YOU TO HOW YOU ARE CURRENTLY PLAYING ?

MANTARAYDRE
Old 11-12-2008, 03:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

All of the above.
We are a offensive minded league here in the Mid- Ohio , therefor I try to take advantage of the rules which benefit the offense and passing game. We also all have big boards in our league, that also dictates that the game is in favor of the offense . Even though we seemed to have stacked the rules in favor of the offense , we are still a low scoring league .
Old 11-12-2008, 05:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

In the BMEFA, what attracts me to the style of the play is not the way we play, but who plays.

This offseason, we put in some significant rules changes, including front of the base tackling on run plays, defensive pivots on quarterback runs if the board stops, and increased our weight limit from 3.6 to 3.9 (maybe 4.0, I can't remember).

The FOB deal is a true departure from how we've played the last 3 seasons, but everyone in the league reacted the same way - "I just wanna play." Same with the weight.

I know our rules work, because every team in our league is dangerous in some form - be it the Eagles' kick returner for Coach Larry Fryer, to the Raiders' power running game for Coach Will Travers, to some of the best all-around bases you will ever see on a team with the Bears (Jimmy Elliott). There are no easy games, no days off, but every game is fun, laughter is plentiful, and people help others out where they can.

In terms of the BMEFA, rules are somewhat secondary to me. As long as we have a good group of coaches together, I'll pretty much play any set of rules.

Roo
Old 11-15-2008, 04:26 AM
TheTweakFreak

It is without a doubt the people I choose to play with - spend my precious time with. It sure has less to do with the style of play. Though there are a couple styles I will not bother getting on the board with. But even in those instances, if I like the company I would frequent the gatherings to hang out and/or help out.

You would figure with as many rules sets, formats and venues as I've been involved with implementing that rules would have been near the top of my list. Nope. To be completely honest, I have not played a single game w/a single coach in this hobby the way I prefer to play in about 15 years. Most coaches simply do not want to bother w/that style and level of play. And I'm OK w/that.

I have to say that if you are not playing because of who you are sharing and spending precious time with then it is highly probable that you could be wasting precious time.

-Mike Pratt
Old 11-16-2008, 06:57 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I Love Football

I Love the game of football!!!!!!

There are so many things about this game that make it what it is. I want to learn it all, to understand the game far beyond what I see on TV, what I know from being a player, coach, and official.

To answer the question WHY ?

To recreate real life with miniature figures and to watch the actual game of football come alive and I be apart of it.

And to share this with anyone who is looking for the same thing
Old 11-16-2008, 07:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I Like To Train Them

I am drawn to my style of play by the independent performance of my players. I enjoy watching them play after I have assigned them their responsibilities. I am really captured by them when I see them on video.

Maurice

The Electric Coach