Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2008, 11:28 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default can all ttqb and tdq passers please answer this ? re lanes

coaches

When you pass with the ttqb or tdq do you pass over the head of offensive lineman or look for a seam in between the o-lineman and d- linemans heads/bodies. Sometimes while in the pocket (practicing if you must know) you see a receiver and you think the ball will saill overhead safely but sometimes it hits the o-lineman in the back of the head.

if someone can post a pick with just offensive and defensive lineman while you are angling that would be very appreciated. I just want to see how much you angle the ttqb. THROUGH THE SEEMS WORKS FINE BUT IT IS HARD TO DETERMINE THINGS IF BALL MUST BE THROWN OVERHEADS

THANX

MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 11-14-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Coach

I prefer to look for lanes to throw through. Why....??? Because I am not good enough with lob passes yet. The TDQ should be excellent for that though...with practice....which I don't get. I tend to rifle the ball....and that requires a lane. More space is better...until you become deadly accurate.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up

When I pratice using my QB, I looked for lanes just like Frustrated Fin Fan,my passes are too strong to use the QB at this time.I know that will change soon.I wish there was a QB clinic nearby I could go to!!!

raiderhp
Old 11-18-2008, 11:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default passing lanes or drop-shots

TDQ is new so I don't have answers on that just yet.

Here are practice items to take into account when you are working your TTQB that will improve your "touch" ....

1st - you will not always find a passing lane to throw through during live games. You must develop a touch or a "feel" to your passing that you can drop a pass right over the head of any player when you want.

I have said this before, I am not the best passer, but I hit the big game winners because I practice for them. You too can have this confidence by try these simple concepts

1 - place receivers all over the field in positions that they end up sometimes during a play... some can 5, 10, 24, 35 yds from the QB and throw to each 10-20 times [ study your passing "tendicies" where the ball hit/what side does it go most of the time/hard or soft]

2 - add the offensive line (move nothing else) and start all over again. you will begin to gain the knowledge of how high, low, hard, soft...Touch on the pass, you will find that the lanes you speak of are simple the helmets of the players is the lanes!

3 - add defenders to the mix...this is where the skill comes in...now most of the time you will have an open WR because of coverage, but when coverage is close, you have to throw the correct pass to get it to the WR in traffic.
This is my practice method of throwing over, around and thru defenders...
You place defenders in front, over the top, half way to a WR...in space and return to the the passing tree......

Try it and see if these things work for you!!

K-LO
Old 11-18-2008, 01:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Lanes

First thing I look at is the defenders. What style (lane or overhead) is going to give me the least amount of chance for an INT? I don't worry about passing over guys if the guys are ineligible for INT's but if sailing a ball allows for a chance of INT, then I don't go that route.

In EF, 10 yards in 4 plays isn't that tough so I attempt to minimize my mistakes and avoid sacks and INT's.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Coach

Default been passing since I was nine years old

I can Lob the ball fire it hard and throw it long been doing it since I was 9 it takes practice practice practice and the commitent to want to do it!!