Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2009, 09:55 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Using multi-adjustments/When,Why,what,how?

Hello,just curious as to how other coaches/leagues use multi=adjustment during a single play.I am not talking about another style of Play(MPFL) or trying to promote that style.There are however, some interesting concepts that can be added to spice up any style of play and they can be promoted in a positive way.This being a general rules site I think it is ok to share some generic ideas about improving OUR game to make it better.Turning the switch on/off during a play is not one persons invention.I am curious as to how other coaches use it and why they do.All styles have a place in MF..Just like sticks are used to pass,we can always look for ways to improve our hobby without being made to feel like we are inferior and our opinion does not matter unless solicited.Unity is the key and promoting the hobby.I am open to all ideas about multi-adjustments and the rules that go with it.I wanted to talk rules of this style on a more friendly thread area.I have seen 1 switch all the way to 2 switches that Larue told me about.The first is many times just a quick on/off that is the snap of the ball.Thanks for you insight and rules suggestions ---STT

Last edited by Steel Town Tough : 01-08-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I can only talk from a Shootout perspective so...

I will offer some insight on that.

Many coaches who play in the LAEFL, the LVEFL, the ACEFL, the DFW, the BAM, and now the CBSMF League will use a one-stop situation. This is done because, we for the most part, think it is a vital part of the enjoyment of the game to be able to tweak bases, throw passes, open holes, and then create read-react scenarios where all of our energy to make players do specifically what we think they should do actually happen.

True, on every given play, the players will not do exactly what you ask them to do or train them to do-- but isn't that so in reality? If that did happen, the game would be one of Utopia, meaning everything would work exactly like you expect it to and the score would be something like 1006 to 1006. Everybody would perform like you want them to.

But in the stoppage system, at least in the one-stop, it is for the most part like a "suspended-in-time effect". This allows the defense to re-act to a play that would otherwise go untouched. It occurs in a 20 second period which speeds up the game. While other forms of the game may get in 30 plays in a 3 hour period, we get in up to 100 plays in 3 hours. And yes, the plays are quality plays where you can open holes and run plays like reality. All with the knowledge of knowing you tweaked a players base to set those holes up or make that turn around end.

But the one-stop is from a sense of speeding up the game to know that this is something that can be pleasing to the television audience and it is efficient in nature. In this style of play, we have no problem in showing games in a timely, exciting manner on internet tv or in the public eye because it is done with great efficiency. And because the players have been in extensive training camps, having been created, tweaked and molded in a way that your team has outstanding chemistry, it makes for one of the most fun styles of play in the game. Why would 70 coaches from across the country be willing to form a league under this ruleset if it did not offer fun and intrigue?

Reg
Old 01-08-2009, 11:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks reggie!

When does this stop occur and who does it?Also curious to your "Box" that your style uses.What is it?Thanks--Luv your figures and innovations----STT
Old 01-08-2009, 01:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Here's our take

When a runner breaks the first level on a run, usually at about 10 yards, the crowd begin to stand and the DBs begin to react. That is the point of "read and react" for us. The defense runs the switch on running plays so its at his discretion after 10 yards where he stops the ball to react.

The reaction is 20 seconds by the defense. Some defenses play cover 2, 2 and regular zone schemes so their players are usually running in a circle at that point. That is where the training of understanding how to turn the dials to the straightest point comes into play. If you would have done this in training camp, discovering the straightest points, you should be okay provided you take the right angle of pursuit.

On passing plays, once the QB stops the board to throw and complete the pass, the defense gets 20 seconds at that point to direct any unengaged player to the ball carrier.

"The Box" simulates penalties, fumbles, and penalties. For the most part, it is right on scale with the NFL when things occur. Because this is just a game, there is not many methods of simulating these bad things that happen in the game. These things are considered "chance" and for us, we want that part of football in the game. People that play with the Box hate the Box and love it but know it makes the game more exciting for what we do.

These are some scenarios.

Reg

Last edited by Reginald Rutledge : 01-08-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Good stuff!

Where does someone get a box?Can the offense adjust on the stop when the defense turns off the switch.Blockers.RB's ect?I have heard great things about the shootout system and its uptempo--STT
Old 01-08-2009, 05:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

You can contact Barry S on the forum.
That is where I got mine.
It is a three conpartment plastic box.
And the offence can not move anyone.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Barry S

What does he go by?Does he send a "how To" with the box?thanks STT