Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2009, 04:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Grandmaster KC,
Yep, that one got me for a little while as well, then what you can do is have your whole OL with ITZ dials move to one side, the QB on a dial roll to the side of the protection, and run a roll-out offense.

This really works well...doesn't sound like it should, but it does. By moving sideways they turn the bases of the DL and and the QB has a long time to pass. Plus, loopers aren't as important because the QB isn't just sitting in one position.

Mark
Old 01-12-2009, 05:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ITZ Dialed QB

I have a QB on an ITZ dial, but after trial & error and several bases. I noticed the ITZ dial works best in an F5 base. It has room to turn and you can tweak it to move the way you want. Try it.

Darrian
Old 01-12-2009, 06:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven maniac View Post
I have a QB on an ITZ dial, but after trial & error and several bases. I noticed the ITZ dial works best in an F5 base. It has room to turn and you can tweak it to move the way you want. Try it.

Darrian

BINGO!!!!!!!!! Ding ding ding ....we have a winner!

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 01-14-2009, 04:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Actually, I have heard exactly the same thing. The reason is the prongs are more centrally located in a F5 base. I desperately need to pick up some of these F5 bases for my teams. I also understand there are some really good uses for them by themselves within the team concept. I have only held off because I am making bases (hopefully...if I can find a manufacturer that will work with the limited quantity I need) and didn't want to look like I was stealing anyone's ideas or something...same reason I haven't looked at that other company's new base.

Since I own them, and have ruined THOUSANDS of them without worry, I can tweak ITZ dials up to be pretty strong. Admittedly though, because of the limitations of the design (If you want them to go sideways, all the prongs have to be on one dial) they will probably not tweak to be as strong as a TTC base tweaked by one of the experts. So, if you want to use them, you have to be into stealth and time-spatial relationships (knowing if this base moves this way,and the opponent's moves this way, at this point in time this will happen). No lining up a stronger team and just killing your opponent, you have to outhink him! The plus to this is no matter how strong you are, odds are you will come across an opponent, a board, or a smarter coach who will neutralize your strength advantage. However, if you use stealth and you are smart with it, you will always have the advantage.

Mark