Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2008, 11:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default You know Coach, that is...

really outstanding work.

It's interesting to see the variation in how you detail vs. what I do. You like more of the smooth tone to the figure whereas I want the ridges, veins, muscles to be noticeable.

I love your work! You really did an outstanding job! Very inspiring!

Reg
Old 04-20-2008, 04:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

WOW,

that Hines is so good, I didn't notice the shoelace loop before, or the pants loop, the detail is outstanding.

Bring the family to FanBlitz this Saturday 26th (1-7) and dig the P.E.F.L. Steelers Set-Up in the Coca-Cola Great Hall

Go Steelers!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

That figure is sick! I love the detail.

Great job!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Steelerfan

That hines figure is simply OUTSTANDING, ........Perfect,.......... crisp and clean detail, I'm looking at the way you have the jersey sleeve outward from the arm, my man, you are an excellent detailer.

P.S. Please give me a call when you have time, I have a 33 man FF.com team that I had started, but can't finish, please give me a call today.

313-208-9918

Norbert Revels

Last edited by Norbert Revels : 04-20-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:50 AM
SteelerFan1967

Default Thanks guys!

Reg - He actually ended up losing a little detail because I think I went one or two coats of paint too many! The plan was to give his arms some subtle definition...I guess I was a little too subtle!!! After looking at your "collection" page. I had to see if I could make some of those poses from my figures. I have included a pic below...from left to right...first 4 based on your originals :

Big Ben, Winslow Jr, Vince Young, DE/Rush End (this is one of my favorite poses), and another Franco Harris raw (2nd fig I did like this)

Chachi - Thanks...the laces, belt and towel were the accessories that weren't included in the contest pix. I had taken two sets of pix and I sent the wrong ones to Wolf. The laces and belt are quilting thread...I used it to sew up my hockey gloves...worked perfectly for this ...just a little paint over top. The towel is actually this small piece of styrofoam that I saw one day and thought it would work.

Joe - As always, thanks...it means a lot coming from you and Chachi and Reg because you all have great skills and have been the reason why I keep trying new things.
Attached Images

Last edited by SteelerFan1967 : 04-20-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:30 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default A Few Tips to Get Padding on

Coach SteelerFan1967,

Keep doing what you do and you will definitely inspire. Michigan Joe and TVChacis were among the first ones to really envision what I had been trying to tell people about customizing. Those guys along with guys like Biglock kept me continuing my will to keep producing.

So don't think your work is not noticed. It definitely is and it inspires others to want to try their hand at it.

I would offer a few tips to bring even greater realism to what you're doing. I use a "Liquid Nail Caulk" all purpose Adhesive Caulk that you can get at Home Depot. Comes in Pure white and its about 6 FL-Oz. AC-138 is the sku number.

I use this to build up shoulder pads (i.e., Eric Dickerson shoulder pads) or thigh pads. I allow it to dry a little and then I press out flat pieces and cut into rectangular squares for the thigh pads. I remove the pad that is close to the knees but I put these rectangular pads high close towards the top of the hip. I then take a razor and indent ridges in them to give it the ridged effect. With a coat of paint, it gives the players that rugged pad effect.

On the shoulders, you can make circular shouler pads stand out or block-type pads which were worn by Dorsett and Dickerson. Those types of pads are done like the hip pad but placed on top of the regular shoulder pads and then pressed in more towards the neck. Then cut the excess caulk as it protrudes from the shoulder evenly to the pad. You can fill the area under it with the caulk as well.

All of this is done with the use of a Super Glue-type glue.

Just some tips. Continue to do great work and inspire guys like myself to go even further!
Old 04-20-2008, 07:16 PM
SteelerFan1967

Default Thanks for the Tips Reg.

Made a trip to the store and picked up some Liquid Nails today!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default No Problem Coach!

All I just want is for you to show me "something" when you get some more done!

Reg
Old 04-22-2008, 06:29 AM
MFCA MEMBER

It's all been said before me but just giving you a HUGE thumbs up on these figs! Real shoelaces (not decals) now...I can see that as the next ebay item to purchase.

Let's make sure we get those entered in the MFCA convention contest in August. All previous entries and all new entries are allowed for this contest and if unable to make it to the convention , figures can be mailed in for entry. We want to have a big display of top quality figures showcasing the hobby to it's fullest.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 03-06-2009, 11:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default can you post the finished pictures of the figures in this post

can you revisit this with the finihed work if you still have them??