Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Shootout Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 12:22 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default cover corner figure rule

Rule: cover corner hands no farther than 0.25" apart

Just wanted to ask about the eligability of the buzzball arms foreward figures as cover corners for the CBSMF league (and other shootout rules). I seem to remember them being used in the DFW but I noticed the arms of the hammer figure are actually closer to 0.5" apart than 0.25". This figure is a stock pose and is probably the most common corner used in many leagues across the country. The Lt. lockdown figure from buzzball has hands very near 0.25" apart. Are you going to allow this stock pose for corner? Do all custom corner poses have to meet the 0.25" rule or just have the hands within the width of the buzzball figure. Please confirm.
Thanks,
Joe
Old 01-07-2009, 03:27 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Any Cover Corner Figure...

must have the standard 0.25 inch separation of width. This is a standard that was established before the Buzzball corner was produced as it has been a standard in the Shootout Rules since the 1996 Shootout Championship.

If Buzzball corners were used with wider width ranges, it is because coaches were not called out on this and allowed the wider width.

It is not our intention to not allow any manufacturer's figure in the CBSMF but the guidelines should be followed. Therefore I would say unto you simply to re-heat the arms to come in to the standard 0.25 inch restriction and he should be okay.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

thanks for the clarification.

For anyone who already may have these corners you can actually apply a little heat to the elbows and bend them in very easily (even after final painting). If the figure is alreayd painted, just use a couple of quick hits with the lighter on the elbow region of the arms.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Not a problem

One thing must be pointed out. You can use cover corners as Offensive linemen. However, on the defensive side of the ball, you can only have 2 cover corners out on the field at once.

Cover corners are defined as the two defensive backs with their hands outstretched towards the offensive player in a chucking position.

Reg
Old 01-30-2009, 06:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Is the Hammer Buzzball figure considered a cover corner? Can they be used on d-line?
Old 01-30-2009, 07:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

The hammer figure is not a Cover corner
On the bottom of the buzz ball figures it says what they are
Hammer says OL
Cover corner says
CVR
Old 03-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Coach

I created some cover corners from Reggie's Hawk figure. I tested them out and they are great....but not knocking over figures like I saw happening when playing against them. What is the problem? Is it because I have the arms positioned wrong? I am using strong bases and testing them on my offense and they cover well, but rarely knock any receiver down. More often than not, they tangle up with the WR and hold or redirect him.