Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2009, 04:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default MPFL PASSING STICKS ARE TRICKY

Coaches,

Pasing in the MPFL can be tricky.That 5 yard stick and all others that are longer can be very tricky. The 5 yarder is a little longer than you may think which can result in an INT if your not careful. I see it is of utmost importance to run the right route and place the ball where the defender has less of a chance than the receiver. JUST BECAUSE YOU FIND HOLES IN A ZONE DOES NOT MEAN THAT A DEFENSE CANT CLOSE VERY QUICKLY.
## THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST PASSING SYSTEM IVE SEEN. What more can you ask for than to have your receivers run there stems and YOU the QB lead him and make the play. THAT IS SUNDAY IN THE nfl AT IT'S BEST !

MANTARAYDRE
Old 03-25-2009, 05:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default hmm. question -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
Coaches,

Pasing in the MPFL can be tricky.That 5 yard stick and all others that are longer can be very tricky. The 5 yarder is a little longer than you may think which can result in an INT if your not careful. I see it is of utmost importance to run the right route and place the ball where the defender has less of a chance than the receiver. JUST BECAUSE YOU FIND HOLES IN A ZONE DOES NOT MEAN THAT A DEFENSE CANT CLOSE VERY QUICKLY.
## THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST PASSING SYSTEM IVE SEEN. What more can you ask for than to have your receivers run there stems and YOU the QB lead him and make the play. THAT IS SUNDAY IN THE nfl AT IT'S BEST !

MANTARAYDRE
Dre, in regards to the highlighted, are you saying that each play you should run your routes as planned "in the huddle" (pre snap)? or do you have an idea/plan on how you want to run your play, but if another spot opens, you break off to that? and that is what you mean by holes may not be holes?
before you clarify, let me clarify quickly....
lets say you have 3 wide with dbl right 2wr's and you want them to run in routes. one clears across, the other trails. are you saying that, should the defenders play inside position on the wr's, maybe you break the WIDE out into an out pattern because that area appears to be free?
Old 03-25-2009, 07:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
Coaches,

MANTARAYDRE
The key hear is thinking ! Yes just because a receiver is open doesn't mean that he will get the catch.

You are always evaluating you're players and the opposing teams players. And remember you may not even get the pass off ! How you're team plays and how you think verses the other coach that is why you play the game
Old 03-26-2009, 02:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default SEND OUT THE FLEET.

SCOTT,

The key to identifying holes is to send more receivers than the defense can cover in time. But ant is right, MAKE SURE YOUR BLOCKING FOR THE QB IS TOP NOTCH TO GIVE HIM TIME.

In reading what the defense gives you. If you see a defense in a cover 1 (1 safety. SEND TWO RECEIVERS DEEP (HE CAN ONLY TAKE ONE).PUT A STICK DOWN NEAR THE DEEP RECEIVER WHO HAS THE BEST ANGLE FOR A CATCH.
**MAKE SURE YOUR RECeIVERS RUN STRAIGHT ENOUGH TO MAKE A CATCH.
If you see a defense in a cover 3 (3 deep safeties). have your receivers (4 wr's) get down field and run outs and crossing patterns in front of them. i would send 1 to run a out and up. 3 receivers will occupy 3 safties, the 4th receiver will be open. The holes develop when these defenses react. IT'S ALL ABOUT HOW YOU USE YOUR STICKS . Have your primary receiver in mind before they go down field and do everything you can to see he makes the play. If there is no play, go to your second and third options.

You can also have your wr's run go routes. as the defense reacts you can place a stick down behind the reciver to make a comeback catch for a nice gain.IT'S ALL ABOUT WHERE IS A NICE SPACE ON THE FIELD WHERE YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE PUTTING DOWN A STICK. aLSO HAVING CONFIDENCE IN A RECEIVER TO HURRY AND GET THERE FAST.
As the game is going along, try and identify the speeds of each defensive and determine are they as fast as your wr.

Your qb may have to scramble a bit until you see a nice area to throw to. The use of the passing bar and magnets can give you a mcnabb type of scrambler. If he is out of the tackle box and your throwing to the other side of the field REMBMBER WHAT STICK YOU ARE ALLOWED TO USE.

*** THERE A ZILLION ROUTE PACKAGES YOU CAN DO IF YOU KNOW YOUR PLAYERS AND YOUR CREATIVE.

MANTARAYDRE

ANT CAN ELABORATE MORE ON THIS WITH HIS WISDOM.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default cool.

Thanks for that, it helps.

What i really want to know is, in this system, do you run a play as its drawn up in your book? Do the wr's run their routes as it says?

OR

Do you set up the men with that play in mind, but during a stoppage, should you see another opening, do you branch off from the play you had designed and do something else?

Lets say your play is designed for your wr to run a 10 yard out. but on the stoppage, you notice the safety on that side is blitzing or coming down to pick up the TE (probably because the LB is blitzing), might you then change his route to burn it up for the go pattern, or do you stay disciplined in the play you originally wanted run, and he continues on his 10 yard out pattern?

ofcourse for this example, all protections are in order, the qb is under no duress.

thanks,
Scott
Old 03-26-2009, 03:24 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOPER View Post
Thanks for that, it helps.

What i really want to know is, in this system, do you run a play as its drawn up in your book? Do the wr's run their routes as it says?

OR

Do you set up the men with that play in mind, but during a stoppage, should you see another opening, do you branch off from the play you had designed and do something else?

Lets say your play is designed for your wr to run a 10 yard out. but on the stoppage, you notice the safety on that side is blitzing or coming down to pick up the TE (probably because the LB is blitzing), might you then change his
route to burn it up for the go pattern, or do you stay disciplined in the play you originally wanted run, and he continues on his 10 yard out pattern?

ofcourse for this example, all protections are in order, the qb is under no duress.

thanks,
Scott
The system allows for you to do both!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default SCOTT, LOOK FOR THE BEST OPTION

SCOTT, LIKE ANT SAID YOU CAN DO BOTH,

I would see what is the best option during the stoppage. The defense might give you something better than your original play. Look at it as a audible beyond the line of scrimage. This is YOU as the receiver and you want to make a play. Just remeber how you played with your friends growing up and you put a move on somebody because you saw something. This is the exact same thing. If you see something on the field you like, make a move.

mantaraydre
Old 03-26-2009, 11:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting.

Thanx

Scott