Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2009, 08:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default MFCA Library and Archive

MFCA coaches and supporters:

For some time now I have been in contact with the MFCA President about putting together a Libarary on the MFCA site. The goal of which is to catalog and make available old documents, articles, publications, interviews and photos that may have historical and other value.

There's a ton of information out there, and I am sure that there is some stuff out there that new coaches were unaware was out there and maybe even some coaches who have been around may have forgotten about. This hobby has made a significant impact in the media and has established quite a history over the years. It is our hope that with the help of its participants, we call begin to build an immense library of miniature football related information. Videos will also be linked to the Library as well (Clips from past conventions.. (SWB maybe? )

My idea was to divide up the library by decade: 50s?, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s. Any article, tournament notice, old post, publication or pictures of important historical relevance will be added to the library. We will work to establish some sort of index to keep track of this information. Its my intention to keep a continuously add to this collection and for starters, anyone may access it or contribute to the collection. I have some old favorites in my collection, copies of articles in Sports Illustrated, Maxim, multiple news papers, photos of old friends now passed (or no longer part of the hobby), old copies of "The Read Zone" and more. I am very excited to share some of this information with the community. I know that many of you have your own collections and I hope that you will add to the MFCA Library as well.

I am preparing some initial documents for the Library and We hope to have it up an running within a week or so. If anyone has any suggestions for the Library and how it will be set up please respond or "pm" me, e-mail me or whatever... You may also provide this information directly to Lynn (Weirdwolf). This will really be a participant driven initative; If we can organize our history and some of our accomplishments, it will go a long way towards taking taking it to the next level.

Treks1- a/k/a MFCA member number 4- a/k/a Steve.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default GREAT IDEA!!!

Let's get behind Steve and make this happen.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:04 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default EF Library

Good Idea!!! I have been going through some of my ef stuff this week and found some old articles that I had saved and old copies of Miggle's Plugged In. Interesting to read these again and wonder what has happened to some of the people.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 04-06-2009, 12:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Anybody else got items they want to include in this?

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 04-06-2009, 01:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I have a few more coming today....