Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2008, 12:04 AM
Coach

I agree that you can usually tell if a base is worth your time after a few minutes of simple tweaks (I tend to flash the bases with a lighter, then apply pressure to the rear prongs primarily....the amount of pressure and curl depends on whether I want strength or speed and the kind of base). I then attempt to match the base to a player whose pose or center of gravity will work with that base. However, sometimes after that, I can spend up to a half hour making more small tweaks to get the base to go straight, or arc like I want it to. Since I am relatively new to the game....I have made some gems....but also ruined more than my share of bases! I am improving with time. Specialty stuff....like ITZ dials....frankenstein bases....mixing and matching dials and shells....that can add more time to the tweak. However, there is nothing as satisfying as creating a great player/base combo with your own hands!!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:09 AM
JIMBO

Default Well Said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedFinFan View Post
I agree that you can usually tell if a base is worth your time after a few minutes of simple tweaks (I tend to flash the bases with a lighter, then apply pressure to the rear prongs primarily....the amount of pressure and curl depends on whether I want strength or speed and the kind of base). I then attempt to match the base to a player whose pose or center of gravity will work with that base. However, sometimes after that, I can spend up to a half hour making more small tweaks to get the base to go straight, or arc like I want it to. Since I am relatively new to the game....I have made some gems....but also ruined more than my share of bases! I am improving with time. Specialty stuff....like ITZ dials....frankenstein bases....mixing and matching dials and shells....that can add more time to the tweak. However, there is nothing as satisfying as creating a great player/base combo with your own hands!!

VERY WELL SAID, FFF!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:34 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THATS RIGHT

I AGREE 100% THAT TWEAKING OF A BASE IS A VERY BIG PORTION OF ,MINIATURE FOOTBALL ,I AM NOT A GREAT TWEAKER OR A GREAT COACH, BUT IF YOU PLAY YOUR MEN STRAIT OUT OF THE PACKAGE , EVEN WITHOUT A GLIMMER OF A TWEAK YOU MIIGHT WIN A FEW ,BUT YOU WILL FAIL THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME EVEN IF YOU ARE A GREAT COACH, IF YOU CANNOT COAX SSPEED OR STRENGTH OUT OF YOR PLAYERS , YOU DONT STAND MUCH OF A CHANCE, ESPECIALLY THESE TIMES WHEN EVERYONE IS USING IT TO UPGRADE THIER TEAM TO NEW LEVELS,FOR EXAMPLE LOOK AT NORBERT REVELS, JIMMY( THE HULK) DAVIS AND DOZENS OF OTHERS , IF THEY DIDNT TWEAK THEY WOULDNT BE WHERE THEY ARE, LIKE I SAID IM NOT CLOSE TO GREATNESS BUT I TRY AND WIN OR LOOSE I HAVE LOADS OF FUN AND THATS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT MY FRIENDS .
Old 04-23-2009, 03:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I'm encouraged

The last few times, I spent tweaking about 6 bases over about a half hour. By the end, I had 4-5 out of six taking it to the house from the other endzone. What I don't get is that some were zigzaging and cutting back as they were getting close to the sideline. Don't know what that's all
about, but I'll take it
Old 04-23-2009, 03:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I Love....

tweaking,...........it's like I'm getting back at all those years of playing solitaire and with friends when you only had one or two good bases on your team.....
Old 04-23-2009, 06:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Yep, yep!

Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rip View Post
tweaking,...........it's like I'm getting back at all those years of playing solitaire and with friends when you only had one or two good bases on your team.....