Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Dixie League Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2009, 08:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Carter View Post
Well said, I'm not offended at all. I think after the first bump you should release the WR and try to emulate real football as much as possible. I know all that is hard to do. I just try to adapt and play within the rules. I do have these lockdown CB's that I made myself and had Beenutt look at them to see if they were ok even before play started. I just want to play within the rules and not offend anyone. I do coach football and I learned real fast that I better know the rules and know them well because the other coach will school me fast. The old school coaches will push them to the edge. I'm even thinking about changing the CB's because I don't want people to say that they are not right. I just wanted to post that they are within the rules from what I have read.
Butch, I saw your corners and although they were wide, they are ok by me. But, there were some that I say Saturday that were way over the top and definitely outside the rules, or at least the spirit of the rules. I would like to see this rule enforced more closely.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default DB rule

What is the rule for width between the "hands/arms"? I have seen some look like they are close to 1/2" apart. Just curious...

Thanks,

Joe Ram
Old 04-24-2009, 07:06 AM
MFCA MEMBER

No figure's arms can be wider than the fab 5 linebacker pose. That is the pose with the arms out by the side. Now custom figures can be repositioned accordingly just so long as they dont exceed this limit.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

The more I think about it the more I think that it should be less than that. The Fab 5 Linebacker has his arms down where these wide arm corners have them up with the elbows almost at 90 degrees. Some of those guys are like a venus fly trap where the receiver has no chance.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default DB's

Thanks for the clarification...I understand now.

Joe Ram
Old 04-24-2009, 09:34 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Clock

since we are on rules, what about the clock play. If you have a guy that acts like he doesnt know how to use it or refuses to then what? I would like to see this one enforced a little harder. If you forget to stop/start your clock then whos problem is it.

Each One Teach One!
DSEFL
Old 04-24-2009, 12:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

climbing up on soapbox

I agree 100% with this. There were games going on where the clock was never used. It is part of the rules and is part of the Dixie League game. This needs to be enforced and the coaches can play a major role in helping enforce this.

I think some guys did not want to make a big deal of it if their opponent was not starting their clock because they did not want to offend anyone or create tension. You know, if you keep saying something or start enforcing incompletions when the clock runs out, then you are said to be a jerk or ***hole.

What is most frustrating is when the clock beeping like crazy because time has run out and the offense is still passing or has not picked the stick up and incomplete is called and they argue that they had the stick up 5 seconds after the clock starting beeping. I saw it happen more than once.

Then you can say, "well if both coaches agree not to enforce the clock it is no big deal. It doesn't impact or hurt anyone else." I disagree. Those games without the clock drag on forever. Some of those games were approaching 3 hours or longer in length. If you play the clock and it is enforced, you can get a game in in less than 2 hours, easy. What happens is you may have one coach waiting on another game to end before you can start your next game and you have coaches sitting around waiting and waiting. It slows down the whole process and the whole day.

I will say that this was the first time that we used the clock to this extent in the Dixie League and there were a lot of coaches who were uncomfortable with it, although we used a 40 second passing clock in years past. Maybe we should give those guys some slack for that. But, the clock should be used and enforced during the playoffs and championships.

climbing off soapbox
Old 04-24-2009, 04:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Amen!!! When most of you guys played organized football of some kind coming up, did you not have to get a play in under the time allotment? The time is very reasonable. Its really still way over the top for the offense. We are not trying to make anyone uncomfortable or stressed out. We are just trying to be considerate of time constraints and others that are waiting to play. To keep everyone on the same page and moving along at about the same time.
I know it takes alittle getting used too, but I remember the first time I had to abide by the passing clock and didnt get a few passes off in time. Live and learn and try to get better and not complain or make excuses.
So come June 27th better come ready and step it up or Im afraid something besides your backside will be hurting..
But please still come and have fun.. not trying to make this anything but fun within a reasonable timeframe.
Joel
Old 04-24-2009, 06:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Joel youre right,

I want that squad again. You know who I'm talking about Its on!
Leonard

Each One Teach One!
DSEFL
Old 04-24-2009, 06:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

If you're talking about rule changes, then you should also consider that if a RB is touching a QB, even if the RB is in front of the QB, it should be considered a handoff, not a pass. Inside handoffs happen all the time and not only that, most of the time QBs are actually behind the runner anyway at the point of handoff.

Case in point...

Last edited by Vince148 : 04-24-2009 at 06:29 PM.