Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 08:29 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default A lession to Learn

Coaches I am writing this in an effort to help coaches who might go through this.

I know of a coach who loves this system who's name I will not state. He put in a lot of time running plays, practicing, understanding the scheme however is not receptive to attempts to help him win.

He goes back and checks his players and does the things a coach should, but the issue is not his team, or his scheme, but it is infact his decision making process!

He doesn't see the play from the prespective of the player, nor does he think for the player, this is where he fails!

Wide open receiver not seen, the running back can't see the cut back, unblocked players not being used in the play.

Guys, please don't let arrogance, male pride, and anything else of that nature prevent and keep you from winning in this system.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Well.....

...some people learn the easy way, some learn the hard way. Everyone learns at their own pace. All you can do is provide the tools. It's up to them to pickup the tools and use them.

Just do what you do.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks

You are so right!!!!!!!! Some do learn the hard way, but it's hard to watch a coach who is so close to doing it right then to watch them make the wrong decision time and time again.

But again you're right!

Hear is an example: They have a nice car, but it will not start, so they get under the hood, go under the car and mess with things that are not the issue.

I tell them ( All you need to do is put gass in the car ), but they tell me they know what they are doing, and the car still will not start!!

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 06-07-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default A Bible Truth !!!!!!

Today the preacher preached in part about following instructions. The Bible teaches us that obedience is better than sacrifice.

See many people get mad at the preacher for preaching the truth. They think that he is talking about them, not understanding that he is telling them what God wants them to know in order to make heaven there home. The truth is Gods words, and it alone convicts them not the preacher.

We say in the news how 2 little boys were struct by lightning, but a deeper understanding of this shows Gods word to be true. The boys were given instruction by there father, but they disobeyed there fathers instruction to do what they wanted todo, and the result was death for one of them.

Well when this came out in the service I thank God! You see the truth hurts, I know I been there. It it wrong to live with a women ( girl friend ) if you're not married, so to do so is wrong. I lived with my girl friend and was convicted of this very truth.

Should I be mad at the preacher, or the teacher who is looking out for my soul? or should I place the blame on myself?

Now I have seen many coaches who played in my system go down the very same road as the 2 little boys who didn't want to hear instruction that was going to keep them safe.

I have seen coaches over the years do it there way, bases, ttqb, running the same formation, not running a set defence, and the list goes on. They have an attitude much like the little boys who would not heed the instruction because they want to do it there way.
The sad truth is every one of them had the same result, a lost, or losing record.

My hope for each person who plays under this system is that they learn and become better coaches through the examples of others that they can avoid mistakes that will hender them.

I myself have made some stupid choices durring a game that caused me to lose, I looked back over that game and say that it was my fault. I didn't read the field, passed to the wrong receiver, the path that I was on lead me to a big fat (L)!!!!

So to who ever you are around the country, to what ever league you play in or what ever system you play under this still holds true for you.

When someone is trying to help you become better at what ever you're doing both on and off the field it pays to humble you're self and take the advice it can only help you. But when you display a high minded attitude the only thing that will become of it is something negative.

The moment you reach a point that no one can tell you anything, it is at that very point that you become a fool, and the Bible says that fools despise wisdom and correction.

Thank you all for you're phone calls and emails, and to that one coach who said to me that you know see what I was talking about, keep doing what you do, just remember to read the field and remember that one player is not the end all be all, you have other weapons on you're team use them, and take what the defense gives you and you will keep you're winning ways