Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 06:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Same Character Different People

This is a post that is designed to help improve character and is founded in the principles of Gods word. The Bible says there is nothing new under the sun!!!

There are people who go to church and hear the message from the preacher, they know he preaches the truth, and enjoy the message impart because it is not about them and feel that they are ok.

But one Sunday the preacher preaches on there sin, and they get bent out of shape, they think he is preaching about them. So they pack up and go to another church.

This type of character has many names as it is found in many people. Rather in the church, on you're job, in you're league, or in you're family. No matter who it is they are all the same.

What is you're shoe size? Mine is 10, but I share that size with many other people, but just because it's my size doesn't mean it my shoe.

A man is arrogant, high minded, prideful, thinks he knows every thing, this is his character, the same that the preacher preached on.

That very same character has many different names, Al, Jason, Matt, Tony, etc different people, same character, same M. O., and you find the in every walk of life.

My point is when you reverence one you cover all that fit that character, the same way Gods word covers sin. It's not about Al, Jason, Matt, Tony but about the sin that they do. God love the person but hates the sin! God wants to bless us and he loves us enough to tell us of our wrongs so we can get it right.

In my life I have seen the same nasty character imbodyed in about 20 different people. I have seen this in school, in church, on the job, on my football team, in my league, in other leagues.

Character is a major reason why people don't get along, why leagues fold, why people leave the church, why they turn there backs on others who are trying to help the like the preacher.

Make sure you build you're league with character people, make sure you're surround you're self with character people and you will find peace joy and happyness with what ever you do in life.

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 06-08-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks...good one to start my day with.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:02 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Good word, AB

The core of the problem is we think it's all about us and the fact is it's all about Him. That also is the core of the "soft, feel-good" gospel being preached in many pulpits today that seem to have forgotten the word repentance(LUKE 24:47) and challenging the people to "count the cost". This is also the reason for so many "tares", false disciples and pretenders and the great number of those who APPEAR to be falling away from the faith but were never really His, having never been truly born again.(JOHN 3:7)
...and when they called for the apostles and had beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus and let them go. So they departed... And daily in the temple and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 06-08-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:34 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thank you but the praise goes to the Lord

There have been so called friends that say they are with you, but when you stand for the truth then you see who you're real friends are.

God has shown me that his truth will draw or send. Man I can remember when I was in sin, doing my thing, people that were in the Lord tried to guide me, offer me advice, they tried to direct me, but I was hard headed, prideful, didn't want there help. I was going to do things my way, and think God would accept what I had to offer.

My way failed and I suffered for it. Pride came befor I fell, and I hade no one to blame but myself.

Now I have league member, guys who have and are playing by my system that the Lord blessed me to create and I try to help them become better men in this system by teaching them.

It like God gave us his word and he gives the understanding to all who ask for it from a pure heart, however those who don't want to take the advice from the preacher, heed his instructions think they will make it to heaven, and are dead wrong. I know because I was one of them.

The same holds true for the few coaches who are playing under the MPFL system around the country, players I coach on the football field, young men that I talk to in the Lord. Humble is the way!!!!!

The Bible says fools despise wisdom, and that is true.

I know of a young man who was helping his sister do her math home work, she didn't know it, and had all the answer wrong. She started telling her brother he was wrong when he was trying to tell her what she was doing wrong. The grandmother stepped in and told her to shut up! And asked her does she know how to do it? she said no, the grandmother told her shut up and let her brother teach her. And at the end of the week she got an A on her math test.

As grown men we will not humble our self to another who knows more on a subject than the other, on the job, on the field, in families and in this hobby. Male pride causes issues, ends friendship, and is not of God.

The Lord will uphold us if we stand on his word, uphold all that is right even when others do not understand.

Thank you and lets pray for them that are lost and who do not know the Lord. God has shown me so much as the creater of this system teaching others how to play it much like the preacher teaches the word of God to them that believe on his name. Some will receive it and be blessed and grow stronger in the Lord but other will not and suffer loss and get futher away from the Lord.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default WoW

....Enlightenment.........

Preach on......
Old 06-10-2009, 08:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Signs of the times

AB,
It IS tough to keep the RIGHT perspective if we're not staying in the word. Another thing I see much lacking in the church today is discernment.
As the Lord called us to be separate, even a "peculiar" people, called to be the salt of the earth and light to the world, we sure spend a lot of time trying to get people to "like" us. And in doing so, we're becoming more like the world. Folks aren't being convicted of their sin and need for a savior. They're looking at many of us and saying, "You're no different than I am."
As you said, we need to continue to pray and keep our focus on what our awesome God can do, instead of getting discouraged. And I do hope their will be a great move of His Spirit in these last days. I hope I'm wrong, and I'm not a prophet, but as I look at ROMANS, chapter one, the results of man turning his back on the living God are SO CLEAR to see. God deals with nations as well as individuals. Don't see us mentioned or even alluded to in the scriptures. And although we are not a covenant people as Israel, we have had abundant favor and blessing, in great part, I feel, because of our support of Israel as God has restored the nation this past century just as He said He would. One of the reasons God gathers the nations for judgment is because they have divided HIS land(Joel 2), which He has given to Israel. Ever since Mr. Bush, SR. began pushing his Oslo accord down Israel's throat, their have been incredible timely "coincidences", all BAD, concerning our country. I'm afraid the consumation of this "peace" treaty could be near and would be disastrous for this nation.
Yes, we have received great blessing, but again, to whom much has been given, much is expected. WE ARE VERY ACCOUNTABLE. And it appears that years of neglecting our sovereign Creator and much sowing of the wind are reaping the whirlwind.
...and when they called for the apostles and had beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus and let them go. So they departed... And daily in the temple and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

Last edited by PraiseDaddy : 06-10-2009 at 08:03 PM.