Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Biglock

Default EF etiquette

Hey MFF family, One thing I have in my job from time to time is time to read, now I don't really care what it is the Local Paper, Sports Mag, Plugged In, a comic Book whatever, one thing that I use to read for some reason i dont know why was an Etiquette column, i think it was by Emily Post or some lady anywho some of the things she would right about how to act,behave and treat other people in certain events or surroundings were 9 times out of ten right on. So without offending anyone ( I hope ) here are Biglocks EF etiquette topics.

1). When in someone elses backyard play there style.

2). When at event meet & greet as many people as you can, extend yourself.

3). Always promote the hobby whenever you are able too.

4). Fellowship is a privilage not a right, Fellowship should always be displayed it shows unity in what we do, don't talk it be about it.

5). Always help and answer questions to newbies, even thought that question may have been asked a Gazillion times, to that newbie the question may determine if he or she joins our family.

6).Try to accept new ideas even if you may not necessarily agree with that idea. Tolerance is the key.

7). Try not to Bad talk another member in the hobby, though you as individual may not like or get along with a particular person, another may find that person to be a good guy.

8). Don't let the fact that a person or persons may excel in a certain area of the hobby weather it be playing or creativity, dont let your ego make you dislike someone because that person may be better than you at something.

9). Network with all people and areas in our hobby, it will only make you a more well rounded hobbyist to get in communication with as many members in the hobby as you possibly can.

10). Look at our future of EF and not our past, to move forward look at the future, only study the past as not to make the same mistakes or repeat them.

11). In a game ( tournament or league) don't argue over calls or small things, find a 3rd party ( if present) to sort it out.

12). Try not to use profanity ( I really got to work on this one ) rememeber some of us have kids present at games or events so always keep that in mind.

13). Last but not least have fun, without that EF is just something to do. The fun makes it enjoyable,memorable and something to treasure.

Hey I think theses things will make our collective EF family stronger remember these are just my opinions.

Peace, Love, Life, Fellowship.

Biglock

Last edited by Biglock : 11-19-2006 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:39 AM
OldSchool

Thumbs up Thank you Biglock!

One of the finest posts to come down the pipe in a very looooooooooooong time. Thanks Jamal!!!!!!!!