Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 08:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default oh, I forgot

Great looking Bears team!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:24 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Your really getting good at customizing, very nice team. Hopefully they'll play as good as they look. I need a left tackle, can you bring me 2 this weekend.

RD
Old 07-09-2009, 08:31 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Why do away with stacking?

RJ,

We've discussed this in the past. For me, I see nothing wrong with stacking. Here's why. It allows offenses to put up monster numbers in the passing game! During the game, there will be many running opportunities as well.

Stacking occurs in the NFL, in NCAA, and college. Sometimes defenses need that ability to put pressure on the QB instead of just the conventional 4-3 or 3-4 rush. When teams stack in the Shootout style, they essentially are cheating up towards the line, which leaves many things open.

The ability of the offensive team to execute can go a long way towards that defense abandoning the stacked defense. Sometimes what I suspect is that guys don't want you to stack because they have a hard time coming up with creative ways to make plays, open holes. They just want to know you will not have that (stack) as a way to stop their great runners.

I believe that the stack makes you more adept as a passer, essentially improving your own skill as a passer without you realizing it or thanking the logic behind it. Once you can pass with great accuracy, there is no reason to stack.

For instance, a person like Don Hudson or Michael Robertson, you never stack on. The reason is simple. They are great passers and they will burn you. Then you figure out, okay let me back off and that allows those teams to run. When my team is complete and my game is on, I feel can score points in bunches. It can happen on the run or pass because of the schemes I run. My team (Tennessee) was never ready until last weekend as we have both power and finesse now. It would not be wise now to stack up on my team as everything is in place.

I guess knowing the personel also allows a team the ability to handle a stack because you can still run at it. But why should I just allow you to gouge me? They don't do it in the NFL and you should not have that ability in EFL. Football is high risk and teams should be allowed to take chances on defense if they so choose. That's just my opinion on how I see the game.

Reg
Old 07-09-2009, 09:16 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Reg I understsnd sir....

......but if you allow stacking only at the center's point meaning. Nosegaurd and one right behind him and center and QB behind him then you eliminate the rugby scrum. LA plays where you only can stack in short yard situations and behind the center but the QB has to be 2 yeards off the line of scrimmage. Also when running the ball if the QB isn't running it then he has to be turned away from the line as if he was handing the ball off. I just think with stacking all the time time takes away from real one on one blocking!!

I will not discuss this anymore on this thread because this is about Doug's poses not about rugby scrum. To me stacking clogs passing lanes. Why do you think AJAH, Ric and Marcelo are having such a great year passing. Not that guys can't cover because they have a unlimited amount of cover corners you can use in that league, but it is because of the lack of clutter in the field of play that makes everything so wide open. Why do you think the top 3 QB's in the CBSMF are from the Pac-10?

Last edited by rjackson : 07-09-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:17 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I think the top 3 passers...

are from the PAC10 because of the number of games they played Nephew!

Again, this is something we will have to agree to disagree on. I am not against changing things for the betterment of the game and the one thing you did point out to me is the "short yardage" situation which is intriguing. I thought you could never use a stack in the LAEFL.

But do understand, even in a stack, guys are still averaging 100+ yards rushing in some cases. We will broach this subject in Canton and in the upcoming months. If this does good for the game (under the CBSMF), it's definitely worth exploring.

I would definitely love to discuss with you these things and even the thing about the QB. Let's put that on our "Roundtable Discussion" after hours when we get to Canton. Let's just get everything out on the table after hours. You know we are gonna be up late in some lobby or at dinner and this can be in that discussion.

Sorry Rookie we hijacked your thread!! I hate when people do that to my thread. Next time RJ, get your own D A M N thread about strategy and let's discuss.

Now, back to the Bears. Rookie, are you still thinking about joining the BAM with Chicago? Where's Fridge? Are you gonna put some stomach on him? Where's the punky QB? Where's Fast Willie? Let's see them!!!

Reg
Old 07-09-2009, 10:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Sweetness...nice looking lines!

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks Chump.....

....we will be up late in Canton and I do think this should be discussed so everyone doesn't have a hybrid type suleset next season!! The end!! Doug the Texans of Houston can't wait to play dem Bears.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:30 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I need to be painting but will put up some more of da 1985 super team Bears !!
I have 95% of da Bears in white done and two dark jersey players done.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default More

More to come later
Attached Images