Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2008, 02:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

If you are any good at picking these names, there could be fumbles all game long. you should probably then designate a time or place to pull the names (i.e. inside the redzones, once every series or 2wice per half something like that). BUT THEN, get on down to your local convenience store and pick out a few lotto tickets. WHoa Nelly!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I could use a winning lotto ticket right about now.

I know that you are preparing for a huge solo league. When do you start? What kinda rules will you be using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAEL DOWNS View Post
If you are any good at picking these names, there could be fumbles all game long. you should probably then designate a time or place to pull the names (i.e. inside the redzones, once every series or 2wice per half something like that). BUT THEN, get on down to your local convenience store and pick out a few lotto tickets. WHoa Nelly!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

i am going to start in the spring. i figure after the convention, i will have painted, outsourced and bought all the remaining teams i need.

as far as rules go, ha, that changes all the time.

i have come up with my own twists on things, but i am still exploring other rule sets. thats why i am enjoying the thread on the MPFL, i like hearing the different ideas that are being said. i think for sure, i will be using JIMBO's idea of weighting the different position players so a rb cant sustain a 3 second block on that DT that busted up the gut.

i will definitely have that "snap of the ball" stoppage we have discussed in the past.

the only other thing i will do, to differentiate the teams skills by bases is, match the color of the team to the bases. Bears and Bucaneers on orange bases, etc. Pittsburgh on yellow, buffalo on blue bases etc. all old school teams though (hogs and chickens and big men) go on my older bases from their error, regardless of color schemes. it just didnt look right to see my hog leg silver helmet oilers on some pretty red 2000 era bases.

but you and i have discussed rules in the past, so when i get them, you will be the first to see them. and then i will post for all to critique, tweak, badmouth and confirm. THEN WE START PLAY - HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:23 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Virginia EFL

Here are my rules for the following:

Passing: TTQB or Buzzball pass placement rules apply.

Running: Once the runner goes 10 yards, the defense may adjust all unengaged. Runner may be adjusted after defense adjusts.

Tackling: Any base contact

Field Goals: Line up, board on for 2 seconds, turn board off, TTQB tries. If TTQB touched when the board is run for 2 seconds then the FG is considered blocked.

Extra Points: TTQB unabated from the 10 yard line. Board off.

Stoppages: Allowed for run plays, QB scrambles, before and after the catch for adjustments. Stoppages on punts and kickoffs too for adjustments.

Game Length: 40 plays. No timeouts, just 40 plays. Switch sides after play 20. Game over after play 40. Xtra points don't count as play. Kickoffs and plays from scrimmage (including punts) count.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Similar rules

Jerry,

Looks like we have similar rules in our leagues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
Here are my rules for the following:

Passing: TTQB or Buzzball pass placement rules apply.

Running: Once the runner goes 10 yards, the defense may adjust all unengaged. Runner may be adjusted after defense adjusts.

Thinking of adding.

Tackling: Any base contact

FOB for me.

Field Goals: Line up, board on for 2 seconds, turn board off, TTQB tries. If TTQB touched when the board is run for 2 seconds then the FG is considered blocked.

Extra Points: TTQB unabated from the 10 yard line. Board off.

Stoppages: Allowed for run plays, QB scrambles, before and after the catch for adjustments. Stoppages on punts and kickoffs too for adjustments.

My stoppages rules are a little different

Game Length: 40 plays. No timeouts, just 40 plays. Switch sides after play 20. Game over after play 40. Xtra points don't count as play. Kickoffs and plays from scrimmage (including punts) count.

I'm using 15 play quarters right now (which counts x-points as well). Thinking of reducing to 13. Will keep experimenting throughout the season. What is a typical score of your games?
Old 12-20-2008, 03:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Scores

If you go to my website at www.vaefl.com you can click on the 2005 or 2007 season and see what the typical scores are.

Jerry
Old 01-28-2009, 06:39 PM
DETMURDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbback View Post
i thought it was always interesting to see how others did it and to share ideas.............i dont use dice , passing sticks or cards or any of that stuff..i dont even know what they look like................when i play....i pick either 4 or 8 nfc or old nfl teams , and 4 or 8 old afc or afl teams and play tournament style until i i have 1 representative left from each conference for the super bowl.....( i play all 1967 bigmen or all 1969 hogs ).....i use 22 widetop bases for the entire season and divide them up after each game for the next 2 teams to play.......the next team to play gets 5 from the previous team and 6 from the other........normally i play 10 or 12 scrimmage plays per quarter. i dont use kickoffs and usually start a new series from the 25 or 30 yard line......i pre determine if it is a run or pass........i run alot more than i throw,,,,when i pass i use geno hendricks new g-force qb...( i love it) ......( tackling is any touch of the base unless the defensive man is turned completely away from the runner.......then i dont accept that as a tackle) ....in normal situations i use a 1 back set and my rule on defense is that every offensive man must be covered by a defensive player....i think this allows for more realistic plays and some very nice runs ....( its pretty much straight ahead football , with some drifts off tackle and sweeps occasionally and no real trickery) .....when a team scores they can get an automatic 7 points or 6 and go for 2......the record for field goal in the nfl is still tom dempseys 63 yarder...so a team can kick a field goal as long as it is less than 63 yards....( my old fields still have the goal post on the goal line) ...a normal game is probably 21-17...a normal game takes me about an hour and a half to play.......so that is real enough for me....but anyway, thats my story and i'm sticking to it!

http://capanther.tripod.com
Not to be a jerk, but didn't Jason Elam (Broncos) break that Dempsey FG record for distance?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I think Elam tied the record for longest FG.

Coach J
Old 07-23-2009, 03:57 AM
Coach

The following are some of the rules I'm currently playing by. I've compiled ideas and rules from several players and leagues into a single set, and given the time limitations I presently operate under through the week, I've drawn heaviest from Brian McAtee's rules and ideas.

Possession sets: like Buzzin' Brine, I structure the game around alternating possessions —each team gets one, with only four downs to score; no time-outs. No additional downs except by penalty (repeat downs and an automatic first down on defensive pass interference). On fourth down, offence must either go for it or punt. A total of four complete possession-sets (quarters) for 32 plays/game.

Tackles: front-of-base or front-corner-of-base.

Field goals are simulated: an immobile holder is placed seven yards behind the line of scrimmage and the kicker a further seven yards back. The board is turned on for three seconds. The kicker must make contact with the holder for the kick to be good —a missed contact is a missed kick; a defensive player making first contact is a blocked kick.

Punts are simulated: punter is immobile and if a defensive player breaks through the line to make contact within the five second "hang-time" period, the punt is blocked and possession changes on the spot. Punts go 45 yards from the LOS and the receiving team has the option to run the ball from the spot or take the fair catch for no return. If the kicking team is at or past the defence's 45, they must go for a field goal or touchdown.

Passing is simulated: there must be a clear line-of-sight between the quarterback and an unengaged eligible receiver for a completion. If there is no clear line-of-sight pathway, it's an incomplete and the play is busted for a five yard loss. If a defensive player is in the line-of-sight pathway ahead of the receiver, it's an interception.

Touchdowns: automatic seven points. A run-in conversion may be attempted, but if it fails, a point is deducted.

Touchbacks: automatic after each score. Trailing team get their touchbacks on the 35 yd line. Safeties result in an automatic 35 yd touchback.

Overtime: each team gets one possession starting from midfield to attempt to score. If one team settles for a FG, the other MUST go for the TD. If both score TDs, the second team must go for conversion to win with eight or lose with six. If neither team scores, a FG is awarded to the team with the most yardage gained in the set. If both teams' yardage is equal and neither had scored, the game ends in a tie.

Last edited by Orleanian In Exile : 07-24-2009 at 08:56 PM.