Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: With the advent of customizing figures, should we now mark the ball or continue using
I'm a forward thinker - use the ball to determine FP, OB and TD. 11 23.91%
I'm a weeny - use the base. 18 39.13%
I'm blonde and clueless - what's the difference? 0 0%
THIS ISN'T REAL FOOTBALL! STOP TRYING TO MAKE EVERYTHING REALISTIC! 17 36.96%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2008, 01:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

OUT OF BOUNDS!

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:42 AM
DETMURDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
Free your minds! That was a loaded picture, Joe! In Chicago, his feet are in, so he's good to throw to. Remember when we were kids playing this game and almost everything goes? Why is it so hard to do now?
It does make the board larger if using the ball. Nice point!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs down IMO

I think that when it come to the goal line it should be the same as in the NFL, 'DID THE BALL CROSS THE GOAL LINE"?

I also think that as far as in the field of play that the base is used to mark the forward progress as it also is in the NFL.

The game should have and be balance. Keep it simple. The base is equal to the player, base out player out, base in player in player in. And as it is in the actual game, the goal line has a procedure all to it's self because it is the goal line.

I think that house rules are alright if that is how you want to play just so long as it doesn't cover up or replace the actual rules of the game. Offsides is offsides, out of bounds is out of bounds, etc.

Just don't take the football aspect out of the game, that is what makes football football.

I don't how or why there is a thumbs down on there?

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 01-17-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Coach

Default He

is out of bounds, if someone tags him at the base , it's considered a tag, any part of the base is good, the base is OUT OF BOUNDS.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:12 PM
TheTweakFreak

I don't consider this "forward thinking" as it has been covered many times by many board games, including this one. Base is a part of the player. Figure + Base = Player. To selectively exclude the base as a part of the player (an extension of it at the very least) would be going backward, not forward.

This is a board game, though the players do move. WHEN we finally come to grips with the fact that this is NOT REAL football, it never will be, and we are subjected to the limitations of the equipment we use, THEN we can get back to playing the friggin game instead of wasting so much time trying to disprove the obvious.

I don't do exercises in futility. Real football requires humans on a field. EF, MF, BB is a football SIMULATION at best. Base is part of the player, that receiver is out of bounds, the most widely used rules sets used today do not even require the "ball carrier" to carry a ball.

-Mike Pratt
Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Poll says it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTweakFreak View Post
I don't consider this "forward thinking" as it has been covered many times by many board games, including this one. Base is a part of the player. Figure + Base = Player. To selectively exclude the base as a part of the player (an extension of it at the very least) would be going backward, not forward.

This is a board game, though the players do move. WHEN we finally come to grips with the fact that this is NOT REAL football, it never will be, and we are subjected to the limitations of the equipment we use, THEN we can get back to playing the friggin game instead of wasting so much time trying to disprove the obvious.

I don't do exercises in futility. Real football requires humans on a field. EF, MF, BB is a football SIMULATION at best. Base is part of the player, that receiver is out of bounds, the most widely used rules sets used today do not even require the "ball carrier" to carry a ball.

-Mike Pratt
You are a forward thinker if you agree with Jimbo.
A weeny if you don't agree with Jimbo.
You are okay if you are in the middle.
You are dumb if you don't care.

One word for you. Solitaire! We'll take the guys from Illinois down here where they can have a voice!

I say Base. Weenie this!
Old 09-01-2009, 11:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
Free your minds! That was a loaded picture, Joe! In Chicago, his feet are in, so he's good to throw to. Remember when we were kids playing this game and almost everything goes? Why is it so hard to do now?
Stand up to what is right Joe!

Don't be a weeny!

Nice Scrimmaging with you brother. Hope to see you in the spring.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:12 AM
TheTweakFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetka View Post
You are a forward thinker if you agree with Jimbo.
A weeny if you don't agree with Jimbo.
You are okay if you are in the middle.
You are dumb if you don't care.

One word for you. Solitaire! We'll take the guys from Illinois down here where they can have a voice!

I say Base. Weenie this!

Jimbo has a voice that I hear on almost a daily basis. I just don't pay that much attention to what he is saying.

I posted on this mainly because I knew he was sans PC and couldn't fire back. But my conscience got the better of me, eventually. I invoked "Man Law", called to needle him about it on the phone. His response was "You DO realize how old that post was don't you?" YEP! And? Eliminating the base was just too inviting and ripe for pummeling. Jimbo IS a legit rules guy. He musta had brain fade or was really bored. He knows better. So, I just couldn't resist.

All in good fun. Play whatever way that get's your freak on! It's all good.
-Mike Pratt