Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2006, 08:04 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Collecting. Keeping the history.

I am thinking about starting to collect older Hong Kong teams from the 80's. My question is should I leave the players the way they are with the painted emblems or should I buy decals and customize them to look more realistic? Also, should I add facemasks? I am not looking to make money in the future with these teams.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:47 AM
Decal Master

Write to Will Travers. He is facing a very similar situation with his '67 collection.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:27 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Cool Interesting .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW CASTLE HiTMEN View Post
I am thinking about starting to collect older Hong Kong teams from the 80's. My question is should I leave the players the way they are with the painted emblems or should I buy decals and customize them to look more realistic? Also, should I add facemasks? I am not looking to make money in the future with these teams.
I guess we all have some old stuff and have wondered about these types of things.

From a collectors point of view - do nothing with them because they are from the history of the hobby. They represent the original way teams were done before the technology boom of the late 80's.

From a coach point of view - if you want to play with those figures, then clean 'em up and introduce them to the new decal/facemask era.

it is a tough call. I have figures from the old hogleg/chicken leg era that to this day I still love the way that figure was made. if the team was not intact, that play and the others would get upgraded.

If you are still planning on collecting 80's teams - shot me a PM I have some complete (and some with extra players) that might enhance your collection.

K-LO
Old 11-22-2006, 04:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default when collecting I always

keep them original. I try not to even put numbers on them if possible. Maybe you might consider duplicate teams if you choose to play since the teams that you are looking to collect are relatively inexpensive.