Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2009, 10:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Describe your sequence of a play

Here is a sample of the plays that are ran for my league. What happens is there are 100 plays and 6 defensive schemes with variations. To ensure fairness for both teams, the 100 die is rolled.

What happens is a number such as 01, 21, 31, 43, 22, 87 or something may come up. You set the offense according to that play and then you look at the 6-sided dice to determine the defensive scheme.

The defensive schemes are:

3-4 (strong or weak)
4-3 (strong or weak)
5-2
Cover 2
Exotic

On any play, you could catch a defense out of position or an offense can be going into an impenetrable force. It just depends on the roll of the dice.

Attached here are a couple of Offensive plays that will be ran against these different defensive schemes. Offense sets up in 30 seconds and the defense sets up in 30 seconds.

Each team has up to 100 plays available to them during the course of a game.

Reg
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2009, 05:34 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Hi Reginald,

As a complete newbie, I've got some very pragmatic (and quite naive...) questions :

Quote:
3-4 (strong or weak)
4-3 (strong or weak)
What do you mean by "strong or weak" ? positions defense, zone defense ? Could you explain, please ?

ANother thing : on your offensive schemes, I can see your O line moving left or right, to create "roads" (don't know the term in english) for the offense. How do you manage that ? do you place your O line in some direction, or only the base dial ?

thanks
Old 10-25-2009, 08:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Strong and Weak means

Strong side means to the Tight End side. Weakside means the side where no tightend is at.

On pulling plays, I would either turn the player around at the start of the play (in my setup) or I would have the base on backwards. Also, on players kicking out, these are usually linemen who are on lateral dials or I would angle the player to kick out at the start of the play.

Because these player are not human, in my solitaire world, I preset the players in the motion I want them to run. There's just one stoppage and that is after a catch is made or after a ballcarrier goes 10 yards from the Line of Scrimmage.

On the pass play, the game is stopped when a receiver is open. The ball is thrown. The defensive team reacts to the catch and is turned back on.

Of course, there is a point in the kicking game where the play is stopped for reaction but on offensive and defensive plays, we try to keep stoppages to a minimum. There are 100 plays (25 per quarter) so we try to keep the game moving.

Reg