Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2009, 04:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Always Doing Something

Everytime I get a call, someone ask me "What's Up Reg?" I tell them the same standard answer, "Working". Usually, that is what it is. I am working either on orders from customers, my kids homework ( ) or just something I like to do. Because there literally are not enough hours in the day, you tend to burn the midnite oil.

I've been doing this every since my high school days in Memphis and college days at the University of Tennessee. I remember one finals week, I stayed up 48 hours straight in preparation for two engineering exams. "No pain, no gain" uh? That's what I thought!!!

What I got out of that experience was simply that I enjoyed taking my time up with something to do. I could not sit still, even if it was hitting the books. All I knew was at the end of the "rainbow" sort of speak was getting the chance to play with my football players. At that time, I really thought I was "the only one".

Now it's 3:30 am in Texas, 70 degrees outside, and the NFL Network is on while I am making crowd effects and music for my most magical season, "The NFL Greatest Teams Solitaire League". I do this because of an undeniable love for the game. I want to capture everything I know the game to be in my mind. When you play alone, you can do this. But reaching this point has not come with many sacrifices but the journey has been great.

Knowing that I can enter into a "Make-believe" place where all the problems of the world go away for just a few moments gives me the energy to sustain. Being able to see your own creations play under the lights in a stadium with 3,000 miniature people to the tune of Monday Night is something I have always reveled in. Being able to play on any field and with any team of any era that you want can be mindboggleling! And now, with 4 miniature cameras (thanks John DiCarlo) positioned throughout the stadium gives me the possibility to capture the moments the way I want to.

The preparation to get to this point is where all the work is. Playing the games will be fun. But just to sit up and create teams in a day and then have to base them up to perform is where I wish I could have a magician make this happen. However, "No Pain, No Gain".

So as I look forward to this new solitaire experience, I am reminded that 25 years ago when I played my first Texas solitaire season, I never thought I would still be living in Texas, had two kids with one in college studying pre-med and the other to follow in law, and still playing the same game of miniature football. Yes, time has passed me by and it happened so fast! But the game is still here, right now, in my home and I enjoy it just the same. Probably even more, now that I get the chance to play alone again.

Reg
Old 11-07-2009, 04:53 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Now it's 3:30 am in Texas

Same thing last time I catched you on Ustream

You have to sleep a little more my friend, personaly I can't do anything good without 7-8 sleeping hours a day !