Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2009, 12:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default SPECIAL TEAMS QUESH FOR ALL LEAGUES.

COACHES

Actually 2 questions

1) When you are making a special teams package that soley play only on special teams. Meaning, it's not your lb's, safties, wr's etc etc. Just 11 guys who do nothing but play on special teams. DOES THAT COUNT AGAINST YOU ROSTER LIMIT OF 50 TO 60 PLAYERS ? Can this be treated as a seperate enitiy because they do not play any other time in the game. YOU JUST WANTED AN EXTRA 11 GUYS TO DO THIS JOB.

2) When making a special teams package, and your in a league that plays offense in dark and defense in white . DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE 2 SEPERATE SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER PACKAGES IN LIGHT AND DARK. 1 EACH FOR

A)RECEIVING KICKOFFS
B)KICKING OFF TO YOUR OPPONENT

****WILL JUST AN 11 MAN PACKAGE IN DARK BE ENOUGH/O.K. ?

For instance. When playing the shootout style of football. Due to the boxe's potential for an injury to arise. You make addtional players to cover yourself in all area's. Also, you will want to make several specialty players to fit a paticular system your developing. For example. You may want to make 3 to 4 of the same player who can do different things. When you shuffle them into the game, the defense wiill not know which one is in the game. During the development stages of your franchise, PLAYERS ADD UP RATHER QUICKLY.You may be in a league who's player limit is 50 and your at 47 after crafting your squad. Then you say to yourself i want a seperate kickoff squad but that will put you over 50.

Just would like to know what's the verdict on this ?

PS/I KNOW IN FOOTBALL SPECIAL TEAMS ARE PART OF THE ROSTER LIMIT. I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW IF THIS WAIVED ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY.

We all want players who bases do certain things. But these bases may not work to our liking on special teams. That would be the reason for creating a specific special teams package.

THANX
MANTARAYDRE
Old 12-07-2009, 01:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

'dre, i kind of hit on this awhile back by saying(my opinion) that the special teams could be done in alternate uni's or solid.... like cards were last night, all red.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default GREAT IDEA.

MARK,

That's a great idea going with an alternate. For example, if playing with the chargers

1)blue jersey white pants on offense

2)white jersey blue pants on defense

***special teams either

1) Blue jersey Blue pants

or

2)white jersey white pants

GREAT IDEA ! That will save you from painting an additional 11 men.

thanx
mantaraydre
Old 12-07-2009, 05:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Special teams

No rules that I know of that address this. Like the idea of alternate uni's for just special teams if a league requires white and dark for defense and offense but I would think they would have to be included in the total team roster. This could be done if all league or tournament roster sizes were allowed to be 45 players. That would still give you a teams full roster to allow more specialized player options.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans