Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2009, 02:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Video: Highlights of Miniature Football Game

Old 12-14-2009, 06:48 PM
MFCA MEMBER

awesome RR. so on your running plays, what is the rule for "WHEN" to stop board and redirect defensive players. i only do it up to 2 seconds past LOS.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default One of the essential elements of the Shootout Rules

Imagine, you are the great Emmitt Smith breaking the second wave of defenders. The crowd stands up and the last line of defense turns around, reacting to the crowd. That is what I do with the running game.

On running plays, in the Shootout system, the defenders react after the runner goes 10 yards on any play (provided the defense does not forget). When you play competitively, that's why we put the switch in the hand of the defensive coach. So if he does not stop the play at the 10 yard mark, he has no one to blame but himself.

In the solitaire game, it keeps you on your toes because that 10 yard mark is so important. An extra yard and that great back can be off to the races. If you look at the stats that came up, even in an any-touch system, backs can still have tremendous output. Look at Marcus Allen's totals of 212 on 19 carries and Podolak had 130 on 23 carries.

So the reaction is important or backs could conceivably get 400 yards rushing. I like the sudden pop for a lot of yards and the grind of 2 and 3 yards at a time. In 100 plays and 25 carries, it is difficult to contain great backs. Of course, this is all relative to what you do in your solitaire league.

Great backs in my league average 5 plus yards a carry with the "Read and Reaction" of defensive players. So at 10 yards, we make the reaction to give the defensive team a chance.

That's why safeties are in zones (spinning around) because they are the last line of defense.

Reg
Old 12-15-2009, 01:34 AM
MFCA MEMBER

cool. you use 10 yds and ive been using 2 seconds past LOS, maybe i can try out your method. thanks.