Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2009, 10:24 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default At Miggle

I'll show you cats how I do it in 5 seconds, it's very easy, you can make a bologna sandwhich and talk on the cell at the same time when doing it (smile).

P.S. I also would like to mention that you should not use sandpaper on your bases unless your going to play every game on metal, I stopped using sandpaper now for 2 years after learning the hard way.

P.S. Fieldcovers combined with a slow running board, your bases will SURF across the surface with no grip.

Norbert Revels

Last edited by Norbert Revels : 12-14-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:21 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Just a quick note on how to get even cuts

Sit down and have the base with a figure on it in your left hand about 3 or 4 inches out in front of your belly button, this way you can look straight down, perfect view for even cuts, make sure the base and figure is lined up straight before cutting.

P.S. For me a dark background works better, also hold the figure just like I'm doing now, I'm sitting looking down while taking the pic with my right hand.

Norbert
Attached Images

Last edited by Norbert Revels : 12-15-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Even

Listen young men to Norbert and Jimmy D as they've forgotten more about this subject than I already know - they're the experts.

Here is my $0.02 of things I've done with some success and some frustration.

1) Razor Blades and a pad of very small graph paper. You bump the base up to the pad of paper and you can see the line. Then you razor blade straight down to the line. That's worked pretty well.

2) Experiment with different scissors and shears from the Michael's stores. By having a scissors with some thickness, you can lay it across the base and do one big snip. You could then have a scissors with less thickness for the front prongs to get the snowplow effect. This is easier and I've found it to work well too.