Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2009, 12:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

thanks guys. im stubborn, and im like in the 70's , sitting in a small room using testors enamel....lol,, loopty doo. i finally had sense to turn on ceiling fan, kept getting that wierd feeling. i got through most of the offense late in the nite, hopefully i can get them finished today.. ive never used BB figs to paint on, they are a little different than fab 5. i will need to do a little bit of touchups on some areas where ive bumped colors, because im not used to the shapes. BUT, i am digging this brown top/ orange pant look. may do all 22 this way, heck i have 4 tudor 11 man teams of the all white uniform.
man, wow, yours look awesome though. thanks again for the help guys.

Last edited by mark robin : 12-27-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Coach

Default .

Attached Images

Old 12-27-2009, 09:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

wow Tomkat, you like the browns a little maybe.... super nice. im using a metal stylus to paint with, that where my problems come in, in tight areas, i have to use the brushes, and i like keeping them clean so it takes a while. i did find out why i stopped painting a few years ago, cant paint a straight stripe worth a dang, but oh well, it reminds me of the 70's when all my stripes were crooked...lol. thanks again guys for your votes and suggestions and the pics
Old 12-28-2009, 03:19 AM
Coach

Default .

Something to try, which I started doing after I did those Browns . . . paint the stripe from the inside out. Paint the white, then the brown on both sides, then the orange. When painting from outside in, it's too hard to keep the edge of both sides of the stripe straight. If you paint inside out, you only have to worry about the inside edge cause you're going to paint over the outside edge next.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff View Post
DO NOT USE THE BROWN PANTS!!!!

GO OLD SCHOOL 1980
WE all know the Brown pants were hot! It got me thinking about brown pants and brown shirts!

My home jerseys..... I kinda miss my Brownies

Last edited by Treks1 : 12-28-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

KOOL all this chatter 'bout them even has then winning in the NFL. i must confess, on my sock stripes, i have done the large one brown stripe.... i know its not old school, but , man, i think it looks pretty good, and its alot easier to paint than the multiple sock stripe. nice pics Treks1.