Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Coaches, It's Okay!!!

I had the chance to talk with one of my best friends today, Greg Hardmon and usually Greg and I talk about 5 times a week. I've got many others that I talk to as well like that. Greg felt a little bad because of my daughter's death. God only knows the pain I am going through but I do still appreciate friends and life.

I told Greg it was okay to call me. My path has taken an unexpected turn so you have to forgive me if I am not serious about the game anymore. Since my daughter's death, so many things have changed in my life. That does not mean I don't like discussing the game with good friends and hearing all the jawjacking.

I have been very fortunate in my life to have been blessed to be Rhianna and Reginald's father. While it saddens me that she is not with me on earth, I watched her growth for 18.5 years. She was amazing. Some of you were like uncles and big brothers to Rhianna and she always appreciated it.

Both my wife and I lives have taken on new meaning. We have started her foundation. We just got a call from Texas Tech administrators who are flying to Arlington Monday and establish her an endowment scholarship $10,000 which will exist as long as Tech is in existence. Tech is flying the school and state flag at half mass on February 15th in her honor. Rhianna gave her organs to science as she was a pre-med student and now, her organs are giving life to more than 50 people. Minutes ago, I got a call from major league baseball star, Vernon Wells, that he and his wife are planting a tree in Rhianna's honor at his new home in Arlington. We are gonna have a ceremony for Rhianna.

We've got so many things going on such as scholarships, book deals, art collections, family and bereaved counseling, walkathons, etc. Rhianna touched so many lives and she was an inspiration to so many. If you have tried giving us our space, we appreciate it but it is really okay to talk about Rhianna. Heck, in her foundation, I have to work with her every day. I will be doing so for the rest of my life. So I just don't want you, my friends, to feel you have to avoid me by not calling me. It is okay, I promise you. I may be sad sometimes but my tears are tears of gladness. I am glad the type of person she was for 18.5 years. The sadness comes in that I don't get 18.5 more to have her. But I don't get to choose.

All I can do and will continue to do is make her foundation special. So it is okay as I do appreciate the goodwill.

http://www.vernonwellsfoundation.org...0_rhianna.html
http://www.amazingrhianna.org/

Reg
Old 01-22-2010, 09:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Your strength and resolve inspires me. May God bless you and your wonderful family.

Joe Ram
Old 01-23-2010, 12:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Reg....my brother....my friend...
I am so sorry for your loss...As you know I have been out of the loop for quite some time trying to put the pieces of my life back together...I didnt find out about it until Ed Scott came up to me during the Convention dinner...He thought I made a post but had me mixed up with someone else...after he said it I just went into some trance and really couldnt fully understand what he was saying because I was in shock...The whole weekend I thought about it as I watched all of the coaches that I have known since 1997. Reg I know its been a long time since we have talked but YOU were the first person to reach out to me 13 years ago...YOU were the first person to talk to me on the phone...after the 1998 Convention YOU opened your house to me and I drove 17 hours to Texas with Dirk Thomas and Joyce to play in your tournament...I met your family and loved them...You treated me like a little brother and it was because of YOU that I rose to the status that I did because of the passion you showed...YOU are a class act Reg. You have made a major impact on this hobby. Your contribution is a part of why we still play today. I totally understand you not having the same passion now. When my life started to fall apart I had to back away too...but its great people like Ken Allen, Jim Davis, Dewayne Jennings, Bruce Watts, Jeff Priest and Frank Jacobs who didnt give up on me...gave me words of encouragement and helped keep my spirits high...You have a lot of friends...or should I say brothers in this hobby who will do the same for you...
Reg you and your family are in my prayers daily....Love you man...
Your long lost "prodical" little brother...AJ
Old 01-23-2010, 09:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default AJ, I remember

AJ,

I have never changed. What you saw back 13 years ago is what you see today. I don't deviate from my convictions and how I treat people. I have always opened my home to everyone, no matter race, creed, or color. I am just happy that my children saw that.

I remember our first encounter and how you became interested in the game. I was speaking to Ajah Patterson out in LA last night and he had similar stories that he shared with me. But my ways have never changed. They served me well as my kids, Rhianna and Reginald, have always been a reflection of Rose and myself.

Most people know us to be very hospitable. That's how my daughter was. When you met her, she was about or 4 and lil' Reg 2. Rhianna was such a vibrant star in our home. What we pride ourselves most on our kids were how they treated others and humanity. Both worked tirelessly in the DFW community in so many service projects helping people. Rhianna had awards named in her honor. So her roots were true in how she helped people. I have no doubt if Rhianna would have already had her medical degree, she would have went to Haiti and been in the "Doctors with no Borders' program. That's how she was raised all the days of her life.

Things like this can be devastating to a family. Like anyone else, I wanted grandkids from my daughter. I wanted to see her become a neurosurgeon. I wanted to see her do her part in the cure for AIDS. These are things we talked about every night as I passed her room going into my football room. No doubt, I miss the touch of my daughter, the smell of her hair, and her laughter. A lot of MF coaches got to see that in Rhianna and that was truly a blessing.

So just look at it as a blessing that you and I were in each other midst. I know it saddens you of my tragic loss and I appreciate that. But our loss is so many people gain! We are excited what her foundation will be able to do for so many people. The AmazingRhianna Foundation will save lives, create scholarships for students in academics, music, medicine. My wife and I have the opportunity to witness to people who have lost children. We will have major corporations, athletes, and personalities to be a part of helping others in a service and humanity effort.

So all is not lost! I get to work with my daughter every day. Yeah, it's touch to look at her silohuette from time-to-time but knowing her heart and how she wanted to help everyone gives me and my family great pride. So thanks for the kind words lil' brother. If I can ever be of service to you or just inspire you to walk that straight and narrow, give me a call.

www.AmazingRhianna.org

Reg
Attached Images

Last edited by Reginald Rutledge : 01-23-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thats beautiful man.....and she is still amazing..

AJ