Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2011, 11:27 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default MORE TO COME.

DRK,

Don't worry, much more will come from all of this. This is just the begining.
Miniature football does give you the opportunity to create many things that is not possible else where. I like this set up because their will never be any disputes over rules or anything like that. just think of the league as a new stadium and all the members were given a huge luxury box suite to create their own world. That's what we have here. Its a great system when you play how you want and all the stats and records are put together as one.
Imagine if we tried to make one rule set, we would still be stuck their trying to please everyone.

1)no fees or dues
2)no travel
3)your very own rules
4)your put together in a league with others.

what more can you ask than that. the fellowshipping in solitaire is just being in a world wide league itself. The conversing here on the chatboard about the league is just as good as traveling and seeing coaches face to face. I said before, if you saw two teams lined up on tv on a miniature football board. How would you know if it is solitaire or anything else. If no coaches were in the picture. Your just setting up the action for both. the players still have to do their thing once the board is on.

mantaraydre
Old 02-16-2011, 10:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Heisman Hopefuls

Dre, I was thinking about the Heisman Hopefuls and it is a great idea but I do have a question about how they will be judged statistically. It doesn't matter what rules we go by to play our games but what about the length of the games. Some of us play by a clock others play by a certain number of plays per quarter or half. There will be some of these players that will be getting more carries, catching more passes and throwing for more TD's than others due to the different length of the games. I guess you could take an average. A 1000 yard rusher with say 15TD's may be equal to a back with 750 yards and 8 TDs. I don't mean to disrupt things. I just had some thoughts. I am really looking forward to this league because it will be the first time I've ever played with college teams. I'm sure things will work themselves out statistically. I would also like to know what statistics you will be keeping track of so I know how to record my games. Thanks Dre.

Mike
Old 02-16-2011, 10:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default row show change

coaches,

Please welcome the MICHIGAN WOLVERINES TO THE ROW SHOW.This program will be coached by Ronnie bradley aka 46defense. He is the former coach of the cincinatti bearcats.It's nice to see michigan in the mix, maybe a Tom brady sighting is upon us.

mantaraydre
Old 02-16-2011, 11:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Welcome Michigan

I hear ya Dre. The sky is the limit with what you have started here.

Mike, I've had the same thoughts about the statistics from the various styles of play. I see two possabilities: 1) Just don't worry about it and let it be what it will be, or 2) the best way I see to to even out the differances is baseing the Heisman race on a per carry/touch format.

For example, if Bronco Nagurski gets 10 carries for 100 yards and 2 TDs in his first game and Dickerson gets 100 yards and 2 TD's as well but it takes him 12 carries then Nagurski is doing better. 10 yards per carry and a TD every five is better than 8.33 yards per carry and a TD every six. You could also look at the percentage of the teams total production. Even though the totals may be different the statistics can be analyzed in a way that evens things out.

Let the Row Show Roll!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:17 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default STATS

DWOOD,

Drk got it right. who is the most productive in the least amount of tries.
Someone may give it to a special player EVERY SINGLE DOWN just to run up his stats. Also, are you playing an overall balanced offense..i will be able to tell just by looking at your stat sheets . This is why i ask everyone to record the stats truthful and to the letter. If a player runs the ball and loses yards on several carries, make sure that is recorded. I have dice calling my plays so the ball will be spread around via pass and run pretty evenly. i have no idea what play is being called so from week to week my heismann hopefuls
production will change. i cant approach a game saying im going to give it to
my running back 15 times, or have my qb drop back and pass 30 times.

Only the play from upstairs(the dice) will determine that. lets say my rusher has 78 yards and 1 touchdown with 6 minutes left in the game.
i wan't him to get to 100 yards or more and another touchdown. i can't make that happen if the dice say otherwise. so i can only base his heismann performance for that game on 78 yards and 1 td.

****If you guys have ideas on THE HEISMANN RACE we can have an online open suggestion box right here. I will also post it on another thread to hear ideas from other coaches

There will be more on this topic.
THANX
MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 02-17-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:53 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Personaly I plan to note every stats on each downs for the skill players (Qb and athletes carrying the ball), using one of those stats sheets.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:23 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Air Force

You may know that Air Force is now my secondary team but may end up being better than my primary (SMU). If you have been following my posts for my legends league you will see that my Orlando Thunder team is wearing the Air Force uniforms and are doing very well. Based on what I have seen on the field so far I think they may be among the top teams in the country. My SMU team is about an average .500 team so far but they haven't played many games yet. May be too early to tell. Right now I think my Air Force team may be a Top 10 team in the pre-season polls with SMU somewhere in the lower half of all the teams. Perhaps all you coaches may give us an idea of how well you would rank both your primary and secondary teams and Dre may be able to do a pre-season Top 10. You must be honest in your previews.

DWOOD

Last edited by dogwood30 : 02-19-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:14 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Good idea Mike.

However, I cannot offer any intel on my teams at all. They are still being painted as I type this. All the bases I will be using are waiting for the teams to arrrive so my base recruiting day can be held.

About all I can say that may be helpful is that the 44 of the sixty bases I'll be using were recently purchased from Norber Revels. These bases will be randomly recruited by all my teams. The remaining bases I will tweak myself.