Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2011, 09:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Up to the minute Computer Rankings:

# W-L PTS TEAM

01 2-0-0 292 Purdue Boilermakers
02 2-0-0 271 Illinois Fighting Illini
03 1-0-0 237 Syracuse Orangemen
04 1-0-0 231 Florida Gators
05 1-0-0 221 Florida State Seminoles
06 1-0-1 208 BYU Cougars
07 1-1-0 168 Kentucky Wildcats
08 1-1-0 167 Nebraska Cornhuskers
09 1-1-0 161 Oklahoma Sooners
10 0-1-1 117 Texas Longhorns
11 0-1-0 110 Virginia Cavaliers
12 0-2-0 055 Michigan Wolverines
13 0-2-0 048 Ohio State Buckeyes
14 0-2-0 047 Clemson Tigers

This will be updated after each game. The AP Poll will come out at the conclusion of each week.

Ed
Old 01-03-2011, 02:05 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Them boys at purdue!!!

Very neat celebration!!!Glad you got the pictures of them doing their celebrating!!!!!

I'm enjoying your updates and of course the pics!Keep posting....its great to read about all the action!!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks for following along. I didn't take any pictures during BYU-Texas, since for most of the game, there sure wasn't a whole lot going on!

Ed
Old 01-03-2011, 12:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

...................... stop............making .............. fun .................. of .................................. texas.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default great stuff!!!!!!!!

Curious what rule set you follow.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Ed how do you give out the points for ranking system
Old 01-03-2011, 03:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
Ed how do you give out the points for ranking system
Hi Walt ... I actually have nothing to do with it. Someone I know from the baseball/football tabletop gaming world created a site that creates the computer rankings for you, once the teams and the results are input.

http://sixpoints.slosoft.com/pages/team-rankings-intro

I just update the list of results after each game and it spits out the results. I make sure to cut and paste the list of teams and the list of results so I don't have to go and type up the whole thing over and over again after each game.

The AP poll that I'll show each week is strictly my own thought on how the teams rank out.

Ed
Old 01-03-2011, 04:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drk View Post
Curious what rule set you follow.
Hi Drk. I've been meaning to post the abridged version of my rules on here for a while, so now's as good a time as any. I'll break it up a bit over the next few posts so it's not one huge ginormous post.

TEAMS - FIGURES AND BASES

All ECFA teams shall consist of no more and no less than 22 players. Eleven players will be in the team's chosen dark jersey, and they will be the offense. Eleven players will be in the team's chose white jersey, and they will be the defense. Any Miggle, Tudor, Haiti Repro, Buzzball, or FF.com figure may be used. Figures from other manufacturers will be allowed should they be obtained. Players must have a number applied to the back of their uniforms. Offensive linemen must be numbered 50-79, otherwise, there are no numbering restrictions for other offensive or defensive players.

Each player must be on a base. All Miggle, Tudor, and Diamond bases may be used. Bases from other manufacturers will be allowed should they be obtained. Bases my be tweaked, prongs may be pulled, prongs can be removed, prongs may not be added. No external substance may be added to the base, and no boiled bases are allowed.

We'll deal with special teams next ...

Ed

Last edited by RooMorgans : 01-03-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

SPECIAL TEAMS - KICKOFFS

At the start of the game, and after every other touchdown, a kickoff is commenced. For kickoffs, the kicking team lines up 11 players (in white uniforms - defense) at its own 30-yard line. The receiving team lines up 10 players (in dark uniforms - offense) at the 50-yard line. A referee on a magnet is placed at the goal line in the center of the field. Once lineup is complete, the board is turned on and a timer is run for 4.0 seconds. Once the time runs, to simulate hangtime, the magnetic referee is replaced by the designated kick returner and angled as desired. Then, all unengaged defenders are pivoted as desired. Unengaged, for the purpose of this rule book, means no base contact between players of different teams. Body contact alone does not indicate engagement.

On kickoffs and in all other situations, if a defensive player is unengaged but out of bounds, he may not only be pivoted, but also brought back into the field of the play. If any kicking team player reaches the back of the end zone during the 4.0 seconds, the kickoff is a touchback.

Once all defenders are pivoted, the board is turned on and the returner is tackled once his base is touched by any part of any defender's base. The ball is then put into scrimmage at the last yard line completely gained by the returner. Thus, if the returner makes the 31 1/2 yard line, the ball will be put into play, 1st-and-10, from the 31. This standard exists in all situations, and is reversed when a ballcarrier loses yards. He must lose a complete yard to be given that negative yardage. Thus, if the line of scrimmage is the offense's 30-yard line, and the ballcarrier is tackled at the offense's 28-1/2 yard line, the line of scrimmage for the next play shall be the 29.

On kickoffs, the returning team must always use its offensive 11; while the kicking team must always use its defensive 11.

When a team receives a kickoff, even if that kickoff results in a touchback, the next kickoff return is not lined up, rather, the receiving team lines up 1st-and-10 at the 25-yard line to being the possession.

Ed

Last edited by RooMorgans : 01-03-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

EXTRA POINTS

Extra points are not kicked in the ECFA to save time. Two d6 are rolled and totaled. If the result is 2 through 11, the extra point is good. If the result is 12, the extra point is no good. Since there is no lining up of players for extra points, they cannot be blocked.

FIELD GOALS

A field goal may be tried anywhere inside the 50-yard line. They may be attempted on any down. Before figures are set on each side of the line of scrimmage, 2 d6 are rolled. The following chart is used to determine if the field goal can be kicked. If the roll falls outside the range below, the field goal is no good and the defending team takes possession 7 yards behind the previous line of scrimmage, where the holder would have been.

18- to 30-yard field goals: 2-11
31- to 40-yard field goals: 3-10
41- to 50-yard field goals: 4-9
51- to 60-yard field goals: 5-8
61+-yard field goals: 7

If the opportunity is allowed, the teams line up in field goal formations, with one player simulating the holder 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage, and the magnetic referee simulating the kicker, 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage. The board is run for 1.0 seconds. If any defensive player makes any base contact with the magnetic referee, the kick is blocked, and the defending team receives the ball at the spot of the kick.

Should there be no blocked kick, the magnetic referee is replaced by the TTQB, who kicks the field goal.

Ed