Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2009, 02:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Not for nothing

But i turned my db's around back when cats played electric football and just had fun. Malcolm and his older brother Kevin showed me how to do it, and we were like 12 years old. In fact, i was suprisingly reminded of the tactic when i saw a coach do it at Buzzfest last year. Come to think of it, they showed me how to weight the bases also, but back then, we used pennies and clay.
aaaaahhhhh, the good times of just playing without all this.............

(please dont delete this one )
Old 03-31-2009, 02:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Of course...

most leagues allow you to adjust defenders to the receiver/ballcarrier after the completion. You give up the completion and yardage - but hopefully not the big play - almost like a prevent.

And Manta Ray - I have seen guys do this, seen kids do this and in fact I have done it. And I have not yet viewed the video or the MPFL system in person. I just decided to do it. That is what I was trying to say to AB.

And yes, I can see with multiple stops and adjustments (as in the MPFL) how it can be an effective technique.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Me, Malcolm and Kevin used match up a slow moving corner to run with, the wr while the safety runs down to him, creating like a zone coverage look. ofcourse, if we did not get pressure on the QB, it was to the house on the long ball - but only if he could complete the long ttq pass

WHich reminds me, since i am thinking back to the good ol days
i once hit an 80 yard bomb on lob, smack in the head of the wr. beautiful.
Cant pass like that now to save my life.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Don't Mean tobe Harsh

I don't want you all to think I'm harsh, but there are PM's I receive from time to time from guys not understanding the post.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:27 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOPER View Post
Me, Malcolm and Kevin used match up a slow moving corner to run with, the wr while the safety runs down to him, creating like a zone coverage look. ofcourse, if we did not get pressure on the QB, it was to the house on the long ball - but only if he could complete the long ttq pass

WHich reminds me, since i am thinking back to the good ol days
i once hit an 80 yard bomb on lob, smack in the head of the wr. beautiful.
Cant pass like that now to save my life.
That is what I love to read!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Tron1984

Default I can't help myself......

Tron says,

If a chump has me beat and I can't hold his receivers at the line or my zone isn't working? I'll turn my DB's, who may really be WR's, to run with D'em joints every time and I don't care who came up with it first. I must say that Smitty taught this to me back in my early 2002 MEFA days! This very well could have been another one of those AB experiences that have been incorporated nation wide? That ******** Larry Sharp and his Houston Texans folied my Super Bowl birth last year with that very scenario.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default RUNNING WITH THE RECEIVERS PART 2

Coaches,

I replied on this yesterday then got called for a meeting right in the middle. Here is the tale end of the response.

this will not be effective in traditional miniature football. Like i said, at what point do you stop the board. IF YOU PLAY AGAINST A DEADLY PASSER YOU WILL BE DESTROYED IN THE FIRST QUARTER. All a coach has to do is pass every single down and let his receiver run ten yards to the first down, stop the play and hit him for the first. Lets say a coach is pinned on his 1 inch line due to a horrible kickoff. All a coach has to do is pass 10 times for ten yards and a touchdown. When you realize this after 5 passes and 50 yards, you will resort back to the old way of blocking the receiver at the line.

In the MPFL during each stop, you can take a player off a magnet to fill gaps and lanes because each stop is about 1 second. you can make life a little harder for the deadly ttqb thrower with over and under coverage. I UNDERSTAND YOU CAN GET OVER AND UNDER COVERAGE IN TRADISH FOOTBALL BUT IT WORKS A LITTLE BETTER IN THE MPFL DUE TO PLAYERS HOLDING THERE POSITIONS UNTIL THE RIGHT TIME.

The only coach who i saw do this is don hudson of the dfw. he has his defensive backs back peddle with the recivers into coverage. He showed kevin boddie and myself his method while we were out in texas. He stayed at our hotel a little later than everyone else showing what his players can do.
His reasoning was if you place a player head up with a receiver at the line of scrim, if the receiver beats and gets past that db, that db is OUT OF POSITION TO MAKE A PLAY. if he back peddle, at least everything is in front of or next to the db to make a tackle. he is the only guy i saw do this.

Hudson is the most deadliest thrower in the hobby. what would he do to you if you ran with his receivers. this guy does not miss. I personally saw him live in the flesh at my first texas shootout put a receiver in the end zone on a 308 and put a ttqb in the other endzone. he hit the receiver in his back 3 times in a row while joking and laughing not really concentrating. What if on every play he sent out 1 receiver in traditional football and kept everyone else to block while the qb was in the shotgun on a stationary base. HE WILL JUST WAIT FOR HIS RECEIVER TO RUN ALL THE WAY INTO THE ENDZONE, STOP THE BOARD THERE AND HIT HIM SQUARE IN HIS BACK. He will only need 1 offensive play for each drive.

Traditional football is just fine but the MPFL has a unique way of doing things. It gives you four (4) chances to think and react for the players.
Dont anyone think the MPFL is above and beyond what you think and what you are doing. If your stopping the board 4 times as opposed to 1, you clearly realized the game is going to be different. Some coaches get offended when the MPFL is promoted and points out how it is different than the norm. You cant get offended when someone is trying to show the world how a system operates. PLAY HOW YOU PLAY AND HAVE FUN. THE MPFL IS FUN FOR THOSE WHO LIKE AND UNDERSTAND THE SYSTEM. i TRULY BELEIVE NOBODY EVER INTENDS TO COME ACCROSS THE WRONG WAY.

MANTARAYDRE